Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yeah the autozone ones suck big time. It's true you get what you pay for. I had some axxis ultimates on before too and they were great.. stopped on a fucking dime but wore down in less than a year. :mad Got oem's now and they are great as well.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
when i purchased my civic it needed brake pads so i went to pepboys (yes i know i was an idiot back then) and i purchased some brake pads that they had on sale for $12. well guess what?? they performed like $12.
next day i took them off and got a new set from the dealer.
now i'm using porterfield brake pads.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
oem is good stuff. what's weird is that my TRD pads are cheaper than OEM and significantly better :evil honda needs to make mugen stuff more available here in the states :nod

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i dunno, i have felt a difference when i swapped mines out, i wnt some axxis pads but i was told its stoopid on stock rotors dis a fact?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
stock rotors are just as good as any other rotor and rotors play a very small role in braking. So if you want new pads go for it. However I would recommend that you get your rotors turned/machined before putting the new pads on. You do this because rotors end up with bits and pieces of brake pad embedded in them (this is a good thing). So if you change to a completely different pad, then you want to clean that up as the pad compounds may not be compatible with one another.

carbotech bobcat > AEM > stock pads :)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
depends if you get the metallic ones or the regular stuff (does axxis make OEM replacement pads?). metallic pads are made for racing and suck when they're not warmed up. the regular stuff, like what your OEMs are, work well on the street but suck when the temps get high from braking going into the corners. there is also carbon-metallic stuff that works well for light track duty and street use.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
kommon_sense said:
stock rotors are just as good as any other rotor and rotors play a very small role in braking. So if you want new pads go for it. However I would recommend that you get your rotors turned/machined before putting the new pads on. You do this because rotors end up with bits and pieces of brake pad embedded in them (this is a good thing). So if you change to a completely different pad, then you want to clean that up as the pad compounds may not be compatible with one another.

carbotech bobcat > AEM > stock pads :)
were does axxis fall into that line u got ?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
depends if you get the metallic ones or the regular stuff (does axxis make OEM replacement pads?). metallic pads are made for racing and suck when they're not warmed up. the regular stuff, like what your OEMs are, work well on the street but suck when the temps get high from braking going into the corners. there is also carbon-metallic stuff that works well for light track duty and street use.
This is true the axxis were racing pads and did not perform well at all cold.. but warmed up they were the best stopping pads i have ever bought.. too bad they lasted less then a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.