Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two weeks or so, I haven't been able to bring my Lude past about 5,000 RPM's. At about 5,500, it starts spitting and sputtering continuously. I've been thinking it could be timing, but tonight, I tried slowly bringing it past 5K, and it let me, which makes me believe it's not timing, but something more simple. Any ideas?

· Registered
908 Posts
fuel filter replaced at all? spark? souds to me like u have a spark / fuel issue how many miles? every done a tune up? any check engine lights ? perhaps a lite for tps?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel filter replaced at all? spark? souds to me like u have a spark / fuel issue how many miles? every done a tune up? any check engine lights ? perhaps a lite for tps?
Cylinder head is used, but rebuilt, 160,000 miles on the block, about 600 on the new head. Could it possibly be the pump? I bought a fuel filter, but it doesn't look anything like what I have on my firewall, I became stumped and gave up. There aren't any lights, sparks plugs we're replaced with the cylinder head. I'm convinced it's fuel delivery, but I don't know where to check first! 'TPS'? And it could possibly be the distributor...

Any help is better than nothing at all, thanks guys, keep ideas coming!

· Registered
908 Posts
hm sonuds to me like something fuel related or dizzy
check fuel pressure and let me know what it comes back at ill let ya know if its in spec you really should replace the fuel filter

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hm sonuds to me like something fuel related or dizzy
check fuel pressure and let me know what it comes back at ill let ya know if its in spec you really should replace the fuel filter
How exactly do I check fuel pressure? All I know, is that it's getting worse and worse. It's driving me insane, there's so many things that it could be. :(

· Registered
908 Posts
well ull have to get a gauge and get the adapter that connects to ur vehicle. so test that and if its geting worse did u check timing? if there both good i would lean towards Coil or dizzy check ur grounds to

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ull have to get a gauge and get the adapter that connects to ur vehicle. so test that and if its geting worse did u check timing? if there both good i would lean towards Coil or dizzy check ur grounds to
I'm visiting my mechanic tomorrow afternoon. Today I rotated my distributor cap, and drove the car, but it didn't help any. Other than smoothing out my idle...

What exactly is a dizzy? I have another ignition coil for it, could it really be that? What about O2 sensor? Fuel injectors?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I replaced my ignition coil, distributor cap & rotor, spark plug cables, and my spark plugs are NGK G-Power and only have about 700 miles on them, and it still has a choppy acceleration! Tomorrow I'm purchasing the correct fuel filter and replacing it. If that doesn't help, I'll probably break down and cry. I'm hoping it's not my FPR or my fuel pump. That'll be pricey. I'm still looking for insight though, so if you have any ideas, please don't hesitate (ha, like my car) to share.

Thanks

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Okay, I replaced my ignition coil, distributor cap & rotor, spark plug cables, and my spark plugs are NGK G-Power and only have about 700 miles on them, and it still has a choppy acceleration! Tomorrow I'm purchasing the correct fuel filter and replacing it. If that doesn't help, I'll probably break down and cry. I'm hoping it's not my FPR or my fuel pump. That'll be pricey. I'm still looking for insight though, so if you have any ideas, please don't hesitate (ha, like my car) to share.

Thanks
knock sensor.

· Registered
1 Posts
sounds like the exact prob my buddys havin , he also rebuilt the head but im thinkin we didnt get the cam timing spot on. does anbody out there know how to check this? lol i wouldve got a shop manuel for the thing but u cant even order one aruond here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.