Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I tried to burn Hostel today using DVD decrypter but can't seen to pass 4%. It just retries after that and displayed an error message. Anybody having the same problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
DVD Decrypter is no longer updated so it can have trouble with some newer movies. Try DVDFab Decrypter, it's a free ripper and is still updated. Many people like AnyDVD, it runs in the background and it will get rid of all copy protections from DVDs so you can run programs like Shrink or Decrypter with newer movies. I prefer DVDFab just because it is free. After the rip with Fab, you may have to run the files through VobBlanker, but don't worry about this yet, just rip with fab, should work fine.

DVDFab:

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

AnyDVD with 21 day free trial:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

edit: let me know how it turns out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro for the info, when I rip with dvd decryter, I get a .iso file, so I could mount it use daemon virtual dvd drive then open it from dvd shrink. DVDfab left me with alot of .vob files. What should I do next to in order to compress it, thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
if u use dvd shrink to compress then instead of "open disc" click "open file" and look for those vob files.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
is that the reason why 1 out of every dvd i try to rip wont work?

im using dvdcrypter. does windows media work? i noticed it has a rip and burn feature. i havent tried ripping with it yet.

is it normal for it to take time to load dvds that are burn after getting ripped.

all my dvds dont load like normal dvds they take like 5-8 mins before it reads and goes into the dvd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
is that the reason why 1 out of every dvd i try to rip wont work?

im using dvdcrypter. does windows media work? i noticed it has a rip and burn feature. i havent tried ripping with it yet.

is it normal for it to take time to load dvds that are burn after getting ripped.

all my dvds dont load like normal dvds they take like 5-8 mins before it reads and goes into the dvd
DVD Decrypter is no longer in development. So it might not work with newer DVDs. as for your dvd not loading, i have no clue. Try DVD Fab Decrypter as an alternative ripping program.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
DVD Decrypter is no longer in development. So it might not work with newer DVDs. as for your dvd not loading, i have no clue. Try DVD Fab Decrypter as an alternative ripping program.
does ur guys dvd that u rip and burn load right up? what mine does is when i put it into my players and its the same for all of my players. it stis in the loading screen for like 5-8 mins and den it loads. it doesnt load like a real dvd would

so dvd fab decrypeter the new one? its the same procedure as dvd decrypter? where do i find this program at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
does ur guys dvd that u rip and burn load right up? what mine does is when i put it into my players and its the same for all of my players. it stis in the loading screen for like 5-8 mins and den it loads. it doesnt load like a real dvd would

so dvd fab decrypeter the new one? its the same procedure as dvd decrypter? where do i find this program at?
my dvds load just fine. check the sticky on where to download DVD Fab decrypter or google it. afterdawn.com hosts it i believe. dvd fab doesn't rip to an ISO just bunch of vob, ifo, etc files. not a big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Windows Media Player won't rip DVD's, DVDFab decrypter should take care of your problems. Just remember to keep it updated and don't install a new version over the old version, uninstall the old version of DVDFab before installing an update. Also, don't run DVD43 or AnyDVD in the background when ripping with DVDFab.

As for your DVDs taking so long to load, no, it is not normal. It probably has to do with a combination of things, but it boils down to quality. First, try to use quality blank media. The absolute best is Taiyo Yuden, though they can be hard to come by if you don't buy online. Verbatim is also very good quality media as long as you can get genuine Verbatim. I believe Sony blanks made in Japan are Taiyo Yuden also. A good place to buy media is SuperMedia Store , they guareantee that the media they sell is genuine, and you can get Taiyo Yuden there. The next thing to make sure you do is to not burn too fast. The fastest most people recommend is 4x, but with quality media and a quality burner, you can get away with 8x and still get a good burn. Another rule of thumb some go by is go no faster than half the rated speed of the blank media (ie burn 16x at 8x, 8x at 4x, etc.) Then of course, the burner plays a large part as well. I love NEC burners, other good brands are Lite-On and BenQ (just to name a few).

If you have Nero, you can test the quality of the burn with Nero CD-DVD Speed.

Hopefully this helps you out some, let us know if you still have problems or questions (sorry for the long post)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Red Si said:
Windows Media Player won't rip DVD's, DVDFab decrypter should take care of your problems. Just remember to keep it updated and don't install a new version over the old version, uninstall the old version of DVDFab before installing an update. Also, don't run DVD43 or AnyDVD in the background when ripping with DVDFab.

As for your DVDs taking so long to load, no, it is not normal. It probably has to do with a combination of things, but it boils down to quality. First, try to use quality blank media. The absolute best is Taiyo Yuden, though they can be hard to come by if you don't buy online. Verbatim is also very good quality media as long as you can get genuine Verbatim. I believe Sony blanks made in Japan are Taiyo Yuden also. A good place to buy media is SuperMedia Store , they guareantee that the media they sell is genuine, and you can get Taiyo Yuden there. The next thing to make sure you do is to not burn too fast. The fastest most people recommend is 4x, but with quality media and a quality burner, you can get away with 8x and still get a good burn. Another rule of thumb some go by is go no faster than half the rated speed of the blank media (ie burn 16x at 8x, 8x at 4x, etc.) Then of course, the burner plays a large part as well. I love NEC burners, other good brands are Lite-On and BenQ (just to name a few).

If you have Nero, you can test the quality of the burn with Nero CD-DVD Speed.

Hopefully this helps you out some, let us know if you still have problems or questions (sorry for the long post)
im using tdk dvd-rs

the reason i keep buying these is i wanna make sure they work. so just incase i go out and buy a pack of another brand it wont work. it could be my iomagic external dvd burner also. my dvds play fine quality wise once its loaded. i think its cuz i burn at a fast speed or something not sure. ill pay attention to speed next time i burn dvds. im into burning mp3s right now so ill have to wait till i get a new dvd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
that ripping program is removed from afterdawns site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a totally different program from dvd decrypher, you can use both of them if choose. I use TDK 16x blanks too, havent had a signal bad burn yet. I use Plextor burner that usually burn at 7x actual speed though it said it can handle 16x.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
ill ph8ed said:
It's a totally different program from dvd decrypher, you can use both of them if choose. I use TDK 16x blanks too, havent had a signal bad burn yet. I use Plextor burner that usually burn at 7x actual speed though it said it can handle 16x.
is that a cause of why my dvd takes 10 mins to load?

what it does is it sits on load screen and makes a load of loading noises. den after 5-10 mins of that shit then it will load. so it will sit on the blue or black blank screen for 5-10 mins...is that the cause of a fast burn speed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not really... I just choose the maximum burn speed option and it nornally takes about 25 mins to burn at 2x use my Pioneer burner and 10 min at 7x use the plaxtor burner. You can always be safe and choose to burn at a lower speed but I use maximum speed and it worked fine. By loading do you mean the time it takes after you insert the dvd into the drive for it to play? My burned dvd takes about 5 seconds to load. So your loading time is def not normal, it shouldn't be the blank disks' fault b/c I use TDks too. Are you sure you are ripping it and compress it correctly? and do you have another computer/burner you can test on? Do your burned dvds work in your living room's dvd player and how's loading time there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
ill ph8ed said:
Not really... I just choose the maximum burn speed option and it nornally takes about 25 mins to burn at 2x use my Pioneer burner and 10 min at 7x use the plaxtor burner. You can always be safe and choose to burn at a lower speed but I use maximum speed and it worked fine. By loading do you mean the time it takes after you insert the dvd into the drive for it to play? My burned dvd takes about 5 seconds to load. So your loading time is def not normal, it shouldn't be the blank disks' fault b/c I use TDks too. Are you sure you are ripping it and compress it correctly? and do you have another computer/burner you can test on? Do your burned dvds work in your living room's dvd player and how's loading time there?
yea thats were i use them...on all my dvd players it does this. yea once u put the disc...the player will make alot of sounds like its trying to read it. den after like 5-10 mins it will load and play fine. i mean it plays fine once it loads so it should be burned fine
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top