Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... Around March first i will have close to $1300... as you can see it took me 454325435 years to save that up as my job wage sucks phatty's balls... but ever since i got my CRX i have been in debate with myself....

here are my two options...

1.) ZC swap, with new clutch, new eveything (maintenance wise) Si tranny, 89 teg ecu ro ZC ecu, and the works... and later on (before the meet) a greddy turbo for 1500 brand spankin new with no IC. (future: completely built internals)

PROS: easy swap, no need new for motor mounts, shift linkages, throttle cables, axles, etc. straight forward swap, cheap.

CONS: Cant boost too high on stock internals, low aftermarket support, weak d series trannies, etc.

2.) b16 swap, order engine first, then go getting all the necessary item such as motor mounts, axles, shift linkage, throttle cable and the endless list...

PROS: HUGE! aftermaket support, endless possiblty, can make very fast, stong b series trannies, with optional lsd, and most of all 8200 redline and VTEC.

CONS: expensive, wiring is so fuckin complcated, and will take alot longer than any swap just to get everything, and if my parents find out around how much i spent on the swap, theyll fuckin probably kick me out of the house!

so im in a fuckin bind here.... i want to start the project around my bday (hence have more bday money) but i have no fuckin clue what i want...
i jsutdont know if ill be happy with either... i know ill be happy with the b16, but i know ill be happy with the zc turbo....

i guess what i need is some reimbursment so that i can feel secure about myself when i do order the engine next month...

what would u do if you were in my size 13 shoes?!?

·
Registered
24 Posts
seeing that u live in Sin city... take it to the tables!!!! hehe j/k... but i think u should go with the b16a... its bitch work at first... but you will thank your self later.... iam in a funky position too... either to buy a CRX with or without an engine... with engine that would allow me to drive around. no engine would make it that i wont be able to drive it for a good 6 monthes.which is gonna suck balls...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Aint it a B-atch! What to choose...hmmm..if it was me I'd go for the B16. It's worth it, especially with all the aftermarket support. Even using oem (JDM) parts could produce more power (ie: ITR header, ITR and CTR cams). It may be a B-atch getting money for the B-16 but it's worth it.:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
whats weak about d-series trannies?

·
Registered
176 Posts
MaX said:
ok... Around March first i will have close to $1300... as you can see it took me 454325435 years to save that up as my job wage sucks phatty's balls... but ever since i got my CRX i have been in debate with myself....

here are my two options...

1.) ZC swap, with new clutch, new eveything (maintenance wise) Si tranny, 89 teg ecu ro ZC ecu, and the works... and later on (before the meet) a greddy turbo for 1500 brand spankin new with no IC. (future: completely built internals)

PROS: easy swap, no need new for motor mounts, shift linkages, throttle cables, axles, etc. straight forward swap, cheap.

CONS: Cant boost too high on stock internals, low aftermarket support, weak d series trannies, etc.

2.) b16 swap, order engine first, then go getting all the necessary item such as motor mounts, axles, shift linkage, throttle cable and the endless list...

PROS: HUGE! aftermaket support, endless possiblty, can make very fast, stong b series trannies, with optional lsd, and most of all 8200 redline and VTEC.

CONS: expensive, wiring is so fuckin complcated, and will take alot longer than any swap just to get everything, and if my parents find out around how much i spent on the swap, theyll fuckin probably kick me out of the house!

so im in a fuckin bind here.... i want to start the project around my bday (hence have more bday money) but i have no fuckin clue what i want...
i jsutdont know if ill be happy with either... i know ill be happy with the b16, but i know ill be happy with the zc turbo....

i guess what i need is some reimbursment so that i can feel secure about myself when i do order the engine next month...

what would u do if you were in my size 13 shoes?!?

I remember you.. . size 13 shoes....
Swap a b16a is a deep hole.....if you have a lot of money....$$$$$..b16a is better ..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
youll have more powe with the zc turbo rite off the bat...much more torque than a b16.

turbo is my preference. if you decide that after doing the turbo its not enough power....build the zc motor or swap the b16 and transfer the turbo kit buy changing turbo manifolds. with a turbo...jes as long you have adequate fuel, you only need an extra pound of boost to make 10 extra hp. on the greddy kit the max psi you can go is 15 psi.

theres jes an infinite number of options for you to do.

also a turbo isnt that hard to install with all the parts(i could do it in 3-4hrs)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Their isnt anything week about D series tranny you just have to buy an LSD of it. Aftermarket is pretty week for the zc but is pretty strong for the D16.

Everyone goes for the b16. Everyone!

You already sound like you know what you want so BUY THAT ONE.

....unless it means getting thrown out of the house :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.