Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant get roder off after taking off distributer cap.

Can anyone help me, i'm changing plugs, wires, distributer cap, and roder. I got the cap off but now i'm having trouble getting the actual roder off, anyone know how to get it off.

I thought it would just pull off but it won't budge.

thanks

·
Banned
87 Posts
quickly turn the engine over until you can see the set screw that's in the bottom of the rotor button. :clap

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ricer99' said:
quickly turn the engine over until you can see the set screw that's in the bottom of the rotor button. :clap
You are the man! thanks man :number1

·
Banned
87 Posts
thank you. anything else, just ask.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have a problem with the rodor. the top part of the skrew striped. the phillipes part is striped. any suggestions on how to take out the screw?

·
Banned
87 Posts
hmm that sucks.. ok.. here's what you do.. you need a screw out kit. you can get them from sears. Drill a small hole into the screw but not all the way through just enough to get it started. That's the only advice I can offer you to not have to take the distributor off. hit me up and let me know how that works. It should come right off with the screw out.

You can also try a par of straight jaw vise grips but be careful around the wiring. that would be the way to go if you can get them in there. the screw shouldn't be that tight.

ANother way would be to try to make your own straight screw driver slot by using a small saw piece, I don't think you can get it in there but, that would work. Again be careful of the wires.

Good luck,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts