Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into an accident today going about 5mph. I got an estimate of 2800 and would like to try to get the parts myself that i can. If anyone could help with parts and/or know of a good auto body shop, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank You....I need all 5th gen parts if possible please. I need repl bumper cover, repl energy absorber, repl reinf beam, repl grille, repl hood, and repl emblem standard. Those are the major ticketed items. If anyone could get me great deals on them, i'd be greatly appreciated. Thank You

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
If you dont buy form it, its still usefull for pinpoint parts and bolts and whatnot :btu

Glad I could help

· Registered
3,126 Posts
I can pretty much get all of those parts for you. They'd all be brand new aftermarket OE parts. I do a lot of body work and I'm always replacing parts. These parts are cheaper than going to the stealership and buying them. If you're interested, just PM me and let me know

· Registered
3,077 Posts
rockauto.com

· Registered
3,921 Posts
yeah.. sounds like itd take a bit faster than 5mph to do all that damage..
I Disagree... My car was appraised at $2200 and someone backed into my front end doing about that... The headlight alone was like... $600... lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I call bullshit on a friggin headlight costing 600 bucks

· Registered
3,921 Posts
I call bullshit on a friggin headlight costing 600 bucks
I thought that same thing, but if the insurance company wanted to write me a check saying it would cost that much... am I going to argue?

"HEY! I COULD GET THOSE PARTS FOR WAAAAY CHEAPER! YOU SHOULD GIVE ME LESS MONEY!" :rolleyes

I ended up getting JDM black housings and pocketing about $250 bucks total after the bumper was replaced and repainted as well. =P

[EDIT: I also ended up getting my aftermarket stock replacement bumper which never fitted right replaced with a OEM piece which fits PERFECTLY... I kinda lucked out]

I was looking on one of those Honda part sites and a drivers side leather seat cover in black is $1000 or 1550 retail(Honda Automotive Parts)... These cars are getting old, and parts expensive :( Same site lists the Headlight at ~300... It may have been the headlight plus some of the additional parts for $600, can't be sure, it was at least 4-5 years ago

~Peace

· Registered
195 Posts
it does sound erroneous but thats a typical accident repair with the new energy absorbing cars on the road now. Somebody backed into my honda crushed my fender onto the tire and crushed the headlight and corner light as well. $2800. WHich is now why my car is orange. Appraiser only wanted the fender painted. But to answer your question, ebay may be a good way. I didnt search that link from above post. Sounds decent though.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
it does sound erroneous but thats a typical accident repair with the new energy absorbing cars on the road now. Somebody backed into my honda crushed my fender onto the tire and crushed the headlight and corner light as well. $2800. WHich is now why my car is orange. Appraiser only wanted the fender painted. But to answer your question, ebay may be a good way. I didnt search that link from above post. Sounds decent though.

Be nice to everyone you meet...you never know who will be on your jury...

like your sig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.