Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help my 1996 integra gsr almost got stolen the other nite...I guess they where trying to start with a screw driver, but didn't suceed....now I try starting it and it won't...all it does is just turn on..do I just replace the ignition? or can I still be able to fix it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yeah your going to have to get it towed somewhere and get your ignition looked at....wow, IF YOUR GOING TO STEAL A CAR AT LEAST KNOW HOW TO DO IT FIRST!!!! that is just stupid, im sorry this happend to u

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I got a two way alarm but my bro fogot to arm it... :mad ...yeah they broke the window...it probably took them a while since it had tinting....the stole my stereo..still have bodykit...wheels...engine...nothing really big...

·
Registered
409 Posts
a two alarm? anyways y dont u have ur alarm setup to auto arm itself? that way in case u do forget to arm it, it will arm itself within 30 seconds, and as for the morons who tried to steal ur car....... :fu :fu :idiots

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two way alarm is when it pages you when the alarm get activated....I'mma probably get the ingnition check out today..hmm I dun know how to set that up because I bought with the alarm already set up

·
Registered
409 Posts
ok yea i know what a two way is now. just take it back to the place that installed for you, and have them setup up the auto arm. they should do it for free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to hear this happen to you...just a quick question though. How many layers of security did you have on your car? What brand of security system were you running? Has it deterred any thefts in the past? Also would an ignition kill switch do anything in this case? If so how much would it cost and what brands would you recommend.

·
Registered
238 Posts
thats sux,i had that happen b4, these two guys tried to use these long flat bars to crank out the windows, alarm came on and i ran outside wit a small pipe, they ran away, the only thing i lost was my crappy red A. now i have two dents on top area of the door, time to get lojack for my teg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Garage is the best way to go. My friend's 200SX got broken into, and had the stereo ripped out. They tried to hot wire it, but if the engine dosn't like to start for him it's not gonna start for them. It wasn't worth more than 800 bucks but now it's worse. I told him to get full coverage w/ theft, and leave the doors unlocked with the key in the ignition, and pray to god they come back.

P.S. the longest I've stayed somewhere where I can't see my car is 5 minutes. I'd hate to end up like my friend. I need a lo-jack and alarm system.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my teg was stolen, I got an ignition off ebay for about $40. Took 20 minutes to replace. If you are going to replace it yourself then know that there are two break-off bolts that hold the ignition in place to the steering column. You are supposed to drill them out and get replacements but instead I used a thin cut wheel and cut a slot in them then just used a flathead to remove them that way i can reuse them hehe you can even remove them with some vicegrips. Other than that, the rest the plug and play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.