Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comin home from work the other day and downshifted into second b/c I had to slow down and then I went to go again and the car just started to back fire. I wasn't really driving hard before I slowed down. The car died and would not start. Everytime I try and start it, it sounds like it wants to start but it just continues to back fire through the exhaust. The timing belt looks fine(someone said maybe it jumped the timing). I'm not really sure what to check next. Someone suggested it might be the MAP sensor, but every website I've seen said the car will run, but poorly. Here's the link to everything I have done to my crx, this might help.
Thanks, Chris
www.alteredillusions.cc/rides/08/

·
Registered
38 Posts
my 1990 civic hatch just did the same thing. people tell me jumped timing but i havent had a chance to look yet. if this is something else some one has to let us know.

thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
take off the distrubutor cap and check the rotor, the screw probably popped out, just put the screw back threw the rotor and it should work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
h90mega you are awesome. i checked that just now and low and behold there was the screw just sitting there in the cap. put it back in and it fired right up. thanks a lot man.

kevin

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you should probably change the cap and rotor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts