Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to accelerate hard from a stop the car seems to bog at first before it actually gos. Does This mean it is running rich or lean? To much fuel or not enough? I have the VAFC2 so if u could help i can change the settings on there to get the correct mixture. Or if u think there is another problem then let me know. Thanx

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
take the vafc to the dyno to get tuned.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ooaccordvtecoo said:
When I try to accelerate hard from a stop the car seems to bog at first before it actually gos. Does This mean it is running rich or lean? To much fuel or not enough? I have the VAFC2 so if u could help i can change the settings on there to get the correct mixture. Or if u think there is another problem then let me know. Thanx
Check Exhaust mines was doing it and i changed cat it stopped. it then did it again and i changed spark plugs and WIRE(important) and it fixed it. never did it again. Check sparkplug wires though ill put my money on that.

·
Registered
682 Posts
whoever said above me is right, it could be something that isnt related to the vafc at all.... try and see if it is something else..... i know when guys get the tuning capability they want to f*ck with it right away and not have it tuned first... but to answer ur ?, yes, to rich will create a bog...... to lean will mean ur car accelorates like it hit a wall at the higher rpm`s creating more lower end torque... so ya get it tuned... also, did it do thins once u messed with the VAFC II, or when u installed it did it start doing this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i know it is not the plug wires because i have new ones, i have the hotwires, so it is def. not that, have a whole new exhaust so it is not that, what kinda plugs are you guys running i have NGK, is there plugs that run real well in the accord. It has done this even before the VAFC was installed so i dont think it is the VAFC so i have no clue. I was thinking change the settings a little to make it run a little let rich but not lean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts