Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving down 27, i just took off so in going through the gears pretty normally, and i see that traffic is catching me really fast... so i downshift into 3th and go to about 4k then shift into 4th... and then i hear...... RAAAAAAAAAARNNNNNNNNN... i was like WTF?? i look down and my shifter broke off... i was lioke shit...so i turn on my hazards and rip my console apart... and see that its broken all the way down to the ball on the bottom... i was like ooooooooooo shit this isnt good... i was only 5 min away from my house at the time... (walking would have been 2 hours because it was 5 miles away) and today is mine and my GF one year anniveresery so i didnt have time to waste... so i sit there n think what im going to do... then i see a car pull up behind me... i was like sweet... this 35 year old lady gets out and asks if i need help... i was like push the clutch in and see if i can jam it into gear... so i lay down under the car (remember its lowered 3") and i reach up and push it into gear... i tell her thank u and go on my way.. problem tho.. i put it in 4th gear... i was like o shit when i was trying to accelerate... but i managed not to stall it... and i went home at 5k reline at 55mph... lucky the damn thing didnt blow up... finally get it home and my normal shifter was screwed up so i had to rig that thing on tehre to get it to work, damn crx....! sorry i need to vent...

·
Registered
153 Posts
whoooo what a day. It sucks to have it happen on your Anniversary. I lost my 5th gear in my accord and had to cruise at 65 than the normal speed of 80. afew weeks later, tranny went bye bye.

I'm still trying to get used to the short shifts and gears. I get nervous when I'm cruising 80 at 4k. The 5th gear in the accord was around 3k. eh.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
5k redline?:confused: my rex was 6200.... hows it 5k???

·
Registered
501 Posts
HAAA!!!! THat sucks. My friend did the same thing to his TransAm!! Broke the automatic handle in half!! I have no idea how it happened but those things do happen every now and then.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
was the 35 y/o lady hot?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhh no lol... but she was very nice and i was very glad she stopped

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
HONDASWAP SUCKS said:
uhh no lol... but she was very nice and i was very glad she stopped

i want pix of said 35 y/o

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
lol..

ey temp, was was the name of that one other chick you posted pics of? that actress?

uhhhhhhhhh

meagan good

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
88ReX said:
my 20 yr old friend just banged a 40 + y/o ...im trying to get picks out of him for ya :lol2:
better be pix of the woman

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
riceboyzc said:
yes make sure it's the woman...and i quote this famous line "pics or bann"

i will quote a more classic line

"pics or death"

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said: