Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well my 95ls which was rebuilt with 8.5:1 pistons 30k ago is buring oil.. there is no leaks so im pretty sure thats gotta be it... had to put a quart in it every 200-400miles(been goin on for just a few weeks now)... but there is no black smoke coming out the exhaust... so where is it all goin to... had a friend follow me around town for awhile... i got on it a few times to make sure ... he said it was burning clean nothing was coming out the exhaust.. so im kinda confused...Any ideas..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah no light... prolly gonna have to rebuild the motor dammit.. probably better off getting a new one... ive had to put alot of money into this car .... got it at christmas a week later had to get new fuel pump, new axles, crankshaft, motor mounts and a few other things = $1,200 with labor.... 2 weeks after that blew the transmission.... ordered a brand new type-r tranny from curry acura = $1,800 + $400 for install so theres $2,200... so thats $3,400 since i bought it(paid $7,000 for the car)...now the motor is screwing up damn

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
damn how did u break the crankshaft.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really couldnt tell ya i have no idea!... but i dunno im gonna learn from my mistakes.. possibly find more about a car before i buy it... and get a warranty haha .. but oh well dude things happen

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
You're positive you aren't leaking oil? Cause if you aren't you are burning it. Check all manifold vacuum operated emissions control systems, PCV etc as oil can get sucked through those and burnt. Also is it burning oil at an idle or just when you drive it and get on it? Its a possibility that its bad valve seals but more than likely its something simple. Think logically start simple with you're diagnosis and you should figure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my car burns alot of oil too due to high revs... just recently got the motor rebuilt... i put a new pcv valve it it seemed to help somewat...as in don't smell as much as before but how else can i troubleshoot this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts