Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now have you ever get the feeling that your car was in danger or being vandalized?

Well I havent moved my car for 4 days and didnt go see it. And I live on campus and the car is parked about 1/2 mile away so theres no way i can watch it from my window. But today i got a wierd feeling that I must go look at my car.

So I go there and find tons of PAPERS, BROUCHERS, VOTE FOR THIS VOTE FOR THAT. And crap like that all on my windows windshield and find bottles of coke and water under my wheels.

It was like my car calling to me for help :rolleyes: Either that or i was real tired and just imagining things.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
not really.. or maybe i can say yea..
i parked the car on the apartment complex parking lot..
and studied at my house with friends.. we decided to go out and smoke.
while i was walking towards my car up above there, i had a strange feeling that something could be wrong with my car. it was just totally random, so i was like "what the fuck, i gotta quit smokin'."
but i got there, and seems like somebody was trying to take out my front bumper and failed and ran. I fixed it back, but sure felt like shit while smoking. i was worried the whole night. :mad:

· Registered
390 Posts
i get the feeling all the time, so i look out my window but my cars there with no one around it

everytime i hear some kind of noise i look out and see some ppl moving around gettin in their car, etc but nothing with my car

but one day i heard a loud ass party a building over, the next morning i found that some focker had rubbed his shoe or something on my front bumper, there was a huge black mark stretching from the bumper up the side of the grille to the hood area, luckily it all rubbed off and buffed out with gs27 scratch remover, fockers should recognize!!

now my car sits literally 10ft away from me when i can get the space in front of my window, which is usually always!

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I WISH THE CAR CAN SEND ME A WARNING THAT A COP IS COMMING.

I HATE MY SCHOOL SO MUCH. I WISH I HAVENT PICKED THIS SCHOOL FOR MY FIRST YEAR.

I HAVE GOT 5 TICKETS NOW FROM THEIR STUPID CAMPUS COPS. ITS JUST UNBELIEVABLE.

3 ON THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL. I MEAN COMMON IM A FRESHMAN TO THAT SCHOOL AND THE COP TOLD ME TO PARK IN THAT LOT AND I GET 3 TICKETS.

THE A 4TH ONE WHICH COP SAYS I PARKED IN FACULTY LOT. AND WANTS 40 DOLLARS OF OUT OF THAT. AND THIS MORNING I GO OUTSIDE AND I SEE A LITTLE PINK EVENLOPE, AND GUESS WHATS INSIDE ANOTHER FUCKING TICKET.

EXACTLY ONE MONTH I HAVE BEEN AT THIS SCHOOL AND ITS HELL. 5 TICKETS IN ONE MONTH. IF I KEEP THIS UP IM GOING TO HAVE 40-50 TICKETS BY THE END OF THE YEAR.

· Registered
390 Posts
SteV6er said:
Easy. Ri....I mean other cars don't know what's coming their way :)

oh yes they do...
they can give u tickets for parking illegaly but not for stuff like exhaust or clear taillights or something
right?

it would be a waste of time and money for them to be doing that, they should only enforce campus parking and traffic laws and regulations along with people problems
theyre just campus cops not real cops
they shouldnt deal with the whole 9 yards

· Registered
1,319 Posts
My campus's police are just like real police. They have the rank structure (I just filed an attempted theft report with a sergeant yesterday after someone tried to jack my foglights AGAIN). They have regular cars, unmarked cars, guns, detectives, you name it. :) And while the *parking* department gives the tickets, the police at this school are definitely not rent-a-cops.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW the REAL UNIVERSITY DOESNT HAND OUT THE TICKETS they find old women in their 50-60s to write us up.

And yes the University Police can give u tickets for lights and crap like that and speeding too.

Im begineing to want to test their limits by BLINDING THEM WITH MY HID.

Like i did once to a cop and he almost gave me a ticket because he was complaining that my HID gave him blue spots in his eyes when i was driving behind him. Thats some BS he should of seen purple not blue. :D

· Registered
257 Posts
argh.

If you don't want to get parking tickets then park LEGALLY. End of story. If you have to walk 3/4-1 mile then tough shia. Hop on the bus and get used to it. You think trying to 'fight the system' is going to do anything? :laff: If anything, they'll just recognize your car and flock to it whenever they see it because they'll know you're parking illegally. More tickets for you. Maybe if you blind the parking police with your HID's they'll 'accidentally' key your car the next time they're giving you a ticket. :rolleyes:

Same thing when I was back at school. If you were parked illegally on-campus, it's pretty much 100% GUARANTEED that you WILL get a ticket. So you learn real fast that you can't get away with shia and just go with the system. It oWnZ j0o.

Funny story, though. My last semester I was dead flat freakin broke and didn't want to pay the $100 for an off-campus parking permit. The spot you had to park at really freakin sucked and they hardly ever did sweeps through there (spent 95% of their time on-campus) so I tried to see if I could just get away with it. Since they didn't change the color code of the parking permit (hung on rear view) I just left my expired one up and most of the time it would fake them out and miss it. But then they get smart and realized what people were doing and started cracking down.

But at the end of the semester I had only $80 in tickets vs paying $100 for a permit. So in the end, I DID get the last laugh. :laff:

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SteV6er said:
argh.

If you don't want to get parking tickets then park LEGALLY. End of story. If you have to walk 3/4-1 mile then tough shia. Hop on the bus and get used to it. You think trying to 'fight the system' is going to do anything? :laff: If anything, they'll just recognize your car and flock to it whenever they see it because they'll know you're parking illegally. More tickets for you. Maybe if you blind the parking police with your HID's they'll 'accidentally' key your car the next time they're giving you a ticket. :rolleyes:

Same thing when I was back at school. If you were parked illegally on-campus, it's pretty much 100% GUARANTEED that you WILL get a ticket. So you learn real fast that you can't get away with shia and just go with the system. It oWnZ j0o.

Funny story, though. My last semester I was dead flat freakin broke and didn't want to pay the $100 for an off-campus parking permit. The spot you had to park at really freakin sucked and they hardly ever did sweeps through there (spent 95% of their time on-campus) so I tried to see if I could just get away with it. Since they didn't change the color code of the parking permit (hung on rear view) I just left my expired one up and most of the time it would fake them out and miss it. But then they get smart and realized what people were doing and started cracking down.

But at the end of the semester I had only $80 in tickets vs paying $100 for a permit. So in the end, I DID get the last laugh. :laff:

Well I ALREADY PAID FOR THE 60 dollar ORANGE PARKING PERMIT.

And now in addition to that i got 100 worth of tickets.

Im begining to think my school over sold parking permits just like my highschool so they can make money off of us. And they said first come first serve even if you have a permit it doesnt mean a spot is gauranteed. They over sold like 75 permits so there was no where to park.

And at college they said that they over booked our dorms, so that they will be able to have full attendence.

Well they stuffed kids into big rooms(Class rooms) in a Student center. And on my floor they put 4 people into a triple but that triple is a study not a bed room, tehy just put a desk and a couple of beds. And they are forcing them to move by the end of the semester because every floor needs a Study. And we have 2 Studys and both groups of people will need to move out.

So im beginning to think if they oversold on parking permits so i have no place to park.

· Registered
257 Posts
I doubt your school oversold parking permits. If they did, then that's wrong and you can use that to protest your parking tickets. but just because there are no spots doesn't mean it's right to park illegally someplace else. If you have an 'ORANGE' permit and you go to every single orange lot and there is not a SINGLE parking space to be found and you cannot park anywhere else then that's f*cked up and go complain.

At my school you got a GREEN permit and that would let you park in a number of different lots (none of which were convenient but whatever). If there were no spots in one lot, you just go to the next. Finally you just give up and go to the a$$ end of campus where there are a zillion spots.

As for overbooking dorms, what's new? My school did the same thing with people and study lounges. They know what their figures are for the freshman drop out rate and know how much they can over book by and fill up all the rooms eventually.

· Registered
921 Posts
-=HIREN=- said:
theyre just campus cops not real cops
they shouldnt deal with the whole 9 yards
Wrong, they are real cops, my campus cops are a registered police department in the state of florida. They have everything just like a city police department. They don't give parking tickets, we have parking services that does that. But the campass cops are the same as any other cops. They're the real thing.

· Registered
390 Posts
down here i never see my campus cops do anything, they have those dinky old crown vics with the UT police logo over it, they check to see if every car has permits but thats about it

and u guys are lucky to goto a college where they actually have parking

my university is the largest in the US, 52,000 ppl this year
we have NO parking, every space is always filled up whenever i see, i dont bother getting campus parking, i just drive my car to the bustop since its like almost a mile to it from my apt and then just take the bus to school

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.