Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Car doesn't "DRIVE" the same from day to day...why?

543 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bren 
#1 ·
What could be causing this?

Hey everyone - let me explain what's happening...

Some days, my car runs perfectly - quiet and still at idle, smooth acceleration and low engine noise. Other days my car just feels older than it is - vibrating annoyingly at idle, acceleration is weaker and the engine sounds like it's working harder than it needs to.

The weird thing is that it changes between these two from day to day. Some days my car feels new, and some days it feels like there's something wrong with it. Has anyone else noticed this with their cars? What can be causing my car to be "tempermental" like this? Any suggestions are appreciated.

BTW, I have reset my ECU numerous times, and that helps, but the problem always comes back eventually. What could it be?
:confused:

#3 ·
Atmospheric Pressure.
How hot or cold the day is too.

I get it too, on my car(below) which has only 45,000 miles.
Nothin to worry about.

Do you have an induction kit? this will exagerate this porblem also, -it will feel really good on a cold day, and worse on a hot day-partic if ur not movin fast as the filter will get hotter.
Shudnt be as bad with a CAI i wud think, as its not up near the engine so the heat wont build up as easily when your stopped.

Bren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.