Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not able to go above 3000-4000 rpms? i will be driving and as soon as i hit 3000 range the car begins to jerk and giving it more gas does nothing! so im shifting at 3500 rpms to avoid the jerking. i have an 88 crx si with stock everything but headers and exhaust. what's going on! any ideas?

·
Registered
321 Posts
might want to try to get some fuel system cleaner see if that helps or new spark plugs and wires doesnt hurt to change them anyway, could be timing, or even a back pressure problem just have to do process of elimination

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Yeah, you could give it a full tune-up. Check your tires or take it to an alignment shop. Your cv joints could be going too. You could have a bad engine mount or there could be something wrong with the tranny.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i tried most those things, I even had it looked at by a mechanic and he said everythings fine. it doesnt do it all the time just about 50% of the time, i never thought about the timming though. could it also be the ecu? i know the guy i bought it from said it was chipped.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It all depends, you might have one of those ebay specials. If that is what you go it is nothing more than a resistor inline with your IAT sensor. All that does is tricks the ECU into thinking the engine is getting colder air than it really is. That will very very slightly richin your fuel mixture and raise your timing advance. I don't like the idea though.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
ATISTANG said:
It all depends, you might have one of those ebay specials. If that is what you go it is nothing more than a resistor inline with your IAT sensor. All that does is tricks the ECU into thinking the engine is getting colder air than it really is. That will very very slightly richin your fuel mixture and raise your timing advance. I don't like the idea though.
Yeah, look to get a stock ecu and get a new distributor and you'll be gellin like a fellon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.