Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past couple months, my car has started blowing headlights every other week or so. It's always the passenger low beam that blows. Originally I was using some street glow xenon bulbs, and after it blew all of those, I switched to another brand, but also xenon. When I first put them in this car, I had no problems with them, and I had the same 4 bulbs in there for probably 6 months, but then it just started blowing them. Now I've probably gone through 6 bulbs, maybe more.

Any idea what's goin on?

·
Registered
704 Posts
What are the wattages on the bulbs...if they are above 65w , then they'll blow more often cuz thats not what the stock rating is...better checkout your wires too cuz it'll prolly burnout soon...other than that, its could be that water or moisture is getting in there or u put fingerprints on the bulb itself duing installation....the oils form ur hand will boil and cause the bulb to pop...hope that helps

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
u need to list the true wattage(s) on all of your bulbs.....it is a possibility that u melted your wiring harness and so everytime u have your lights on for awhile it expands and looses contact with the bulb

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Tanabe_Luder said:
I have my Piaa H 1's forever now...maybe you should try them.

or save up for HID:D
i have E46 projectors, h1 piaa extreme whites (high beams), and h3 piaa extreme whites:) :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
alright, i thought i was the only one and have forgotten to post a thread on this myself.....but i have the exact (to the "t") same problem, it is my low beam on my passenger side, and i have been using street glow alot and also another xenon light i just forgot what brand it is right now.....but mine blow out all the time so any help to him would also be appreciated by me and i know that i dont touch the bulbs i have been extremely careful like it was a nuclear chemical or something to see if that was it but it still happens :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tanabe_Luder said:
I have my Piaa H 1's forever now...maybe you should try them.

or save up for HID:D
how much did your piaa's cost and what do they look like are they really really white with a blue tint or just really white or what ? do you have a pic by chance

·
Registered
388 Posts
Everyone probably knows this, but never touch the glass on the bulb when you put in your headlights. The oils from your fingers hold heat and can prematureley burn out your bulb.

Secondly, get a multimeter and measure the currents (I)and Voltages (V) on your trouble light and some of the others. I would guess (i am really reaching here) that the I & V are higher than other lights because a light bulb is really a resistor. V=I*R

Is this B.S.? I dunno, but it is just a thought.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I tend to believe that aftermarket bulbs burned out easier, my stockies never burned, i took them off and replaced with aftermarket cause i want the "whitish, bluish" look, since then, i change my headlights bulbs quite often

·
Registered
782 Posts
that cory guy said:
how much did your piaa's cost and what do they look like are they really really white with a blue tint or just really white or what ? do you have a pic by chance
yea i do. I'll get my digi cam later:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
those look good, how much did you pay for them ?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
that cory guy said:
those look good, how much did you pay for them ?
there is a deal on piaa lights on gbc now

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
To recap:

Use wattage of the same for your car which I believe is 65w, any of those xenon bulbs you buy off ebay, or the stores are more then likely I think 85w which is more then your car and they will blow!

Don't touch the bulb with your fingers because the oil will cause them to blow.

Haha Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i will double check later but i am almost positive all of mine have been 55w

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
that cory guy said:
i will double check later but i am almost positive all of mine have been 55w
Are you touching the bulb with your hands? The oils on it will cause the bulb to blow.

·
Registered
142 Posts
nope, i can assure that b/c i have gone throgh so many i treat it like its a damn nuclear chemical not even touching the housing on the way in or anything and definitley not my hands

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, thanks for all the replies so far. My computer has been down for a week, so I haven't been on here.

Anyway, I've just went through two 55 watt street glows in two days:mad: Both on the same harness, it's getting really annoying. I'll have to do some checking, but I think the harness might have fried on me. The latest bulb that's in there never turned on at all.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
bob12345 said:
Hey, thanks for all the replies so far. My computer has been down for a week, so I haven't been on here.

Anyway, I've just went through two 55 watt street glows in two days:mad: Both on the same harness, it's getting really annoying. I'll have to do some checking, but I think the harness might have fried on me. The latest bulb that's in there never turned on at all.
www.suvlights.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts