Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my head as some of you know that and saw the pics of my valves on my head. Just finished it today, drove it and had about 4-5 MIL/CEL lights come on at different occassions, which went away the next time i started the car, i guess the ecu was all confused lol, well its running great and healthy which is good!:) BUt damn the rain! gotta wait til tomorrow to drive her again..:( but thats alright, im just gonna drift around in my jeep tonight!:D

So it was all the burnt valves letting unburnt fuel go thur and make the o2 sensor confuse the ECU. Well the project was estimated to cost me 200 which ended up costing me a bit over 500, so thats the downside part. I just forgot to caculate the cost of transporation and new tools needed.

oh also the compression is equal all the way across at 185, its supposedly to be at 200, but its the blow by from bad rings. The comp at number 2 piston is much much better which it was at about 160psi.

A/f gauge doesnt read full rich anymore. It bounce back and forth alot more than before which is normal right now. I havent gotten to really push the engine up yet, due to the rain.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SiLude94 said:
Good to hear!

You don't mess around do you? You got that done pretty fast.
Mess around? with what?:confused: hehe I just did a clean complete OEM rebuild thats it.. I started Sunday, finished friday, only worked on it at nights. I could have gotten it done in a day though if i had all the equimpents, hoist, air tools, and my own garage!:D;) I cant wait to finish college (3 yrs) then start working for that garage!:)

Oh btw, im moving to Rochester, NY approx after thanksgiving, my car will be parked here though.

· Registered
814 Posts
you're moving to new york??? i thought you were comming back here... i was hoping you would so you can help me tear my motor apart...

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALTERED4 said:
you're moving to new york??? i thought you were comming back here... i was hoping you would so you can help me tear my motor apart...
I thought i told you i was going to college in NY:confused:, well if i didnt, yeah im moving there for college, I should be back in AZ to visit for summer. or hopefully for spring break. Depends on the situation between me and my sister and her..... bf, either of them has contacted me yet. If they dont contact me, then i wont have place to stay in AZ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.