Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '94 VTEC is running very lean and I get lots of hesitation mostly at lower rpm. It is not anything ignition related. Also when the car is moving every time I press the gas pedal the voltage drops, I remove foot of the gas pedal and it goes back up. The only thing happens during this time is that when the car is moving the computer shots off the injectors above 1.1k rpm and turns it back on as soon as you press the gas pedal. I've already replaced alternator and many other parts. Took it to a dealer and they couldn't find out what's wrong. The fuel pressure checked out correctly. So my final assumption is there is something wrong with the fuel injectors. The car is idling fine though. Does anyone have any clue as to what it might be?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I ve got the same problem too, I swap my H22 in my accord and the heck running very lean, the plugs are white. and shit. checked everything is fine. now I put a FPR on and boost the fuel pressure up to like 47-48 psi now and the car runs a bit rich at low end and slightly lean at high end. but it's way better. the plugs are fine, seems a bit rich, i might try to turn down a bit the FPR and have a try. I think this is the only way what i can do now on,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97accordsir said:
I ve got the same problem too, I swap my H22 in my accord and the heck running very lean, the plugs are white. and shit. checked everything is fine. now I put a FPR on and boost the fuel pressure up to like 47-48 psi now and the car runs a bit rich at low end and slightly lean at high end. but it's way better. the plugs are fine, seems a bit rich, i might try to turn down a bit the FPR and have a try. I think this is the only way what i can do now on,
Yep, my plugs are white too and my dc header glows red after a drive. H22a engines run very rich and even after basic modifications there is no reason why it should be running this lean.

When the car warms up the problem gets worst. Sometimes I would push the gas pedal and there would be no response...It just wouldn't accelerate or when it does the power is very choppy and it hesitates a lot.

Are there some other components besides the ECU and resistor that are connected to or have any relations with injectors?

What kind of FPR do you have and what tool do you use to measure fuel pressure?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I ve no clue for the injectors stuff, cuz i once change a JDM set too, (mine engine is JDM). and it still like shit. I've got a b&m FPR, ppl said AEM is the only way to go, but for me it's cheaper then i go. cuz llot's of problem comes up after finish the swap and cost me a lot already. I bought the gauge from b&m too so that I can see the pressure.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
actually i have the same problem too..
but i havent modified the ignition or anything...just a VAFC and Exhaust. between 1500 to 3000rpm when i give it abit more gas...the car doesnt accelerate for like 2 secs.

why don't you guys have it dynoed tuned? that way they car find out whats wrong with your car and and fix it at the same time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motegi said:
actually i have the same problem too..
but i havent modified the ignition or anything...just a VAFC and Exhaust. between 1500 to 3000rpm when i give it abit more gas...the car doesnt accelerate for like 2 secs.

why don't you guys have it dynoed tuned? that way they car find out whats wrong with your car and and fix it at the same time.
I know that many other people have the same problem, it seem like something is not functioning properly on those engines.

Anyway, there is no dyno shop near by where I'm.

The last thing that's left for me to do is to swap the enjectors. I've also heard about the injectors going bad on h22. The best thing would probably be is to send them to RC engineering to have them cleaned. I just don't know what else to do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts