Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my car makes funny klunkin noises while i am driving, noticed it is comming from the fronts. when i accelerate it goes away, and same when i am braking. by the way, i have an 89 crx si

·
Registered
163 Posts
that could be many problems, I suggest that you go to a alingment place and have'em tell you what the problem is than if you could fix it yourself do it than brother!!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it makes the noises while i am driving and when i am turning. the clickin goes faster when i am goin faster and slows down when i am driving slow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CrxMan said:
Its cheaper to replace the whole axle then both joints, aves ya time in the long run.
Yup... $64.00 an axle at autozone + about 2 hours of your time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i kinda figured it would be the axle, but wasn't shure as to why the noise would be there while i am going straight. i already got a new axle, just can't get the 32 mm bolt off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You will have to go to autozone a buy a 32m socket, and if you have a impact gun it will make life ALOT easier! Make sure you have a ball joint remover, cause you'll needed to take out the shaft. Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
2nd opinion

here's another thought.... you might want to check your wheel studs, are they loose? if they are that's the source of your prob, i just fixed this recently, my car made the same noises in the same situations exactly. i changed the studs and everything went away all for less than $10.00.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This might sound stupid, but what are wheel studs? My car is making the same sound just wondering what it could be?

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey man we're all here to learn...... wheel studs are what you attach your lug nuts to. if the lugs spin when you attach them, the stud(s) need to be replaced or you can damage the hub.

·
Registered
150 Posts
could be as simple as a rip cv boot.
when all the grease is flung out of the boot,
the joints rub against each other and cause the noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts