Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car modification

Alright, I have a stock 2002 civic ex with a vtec engine. Its a standard. What are some things i could do to the car to make it have a better acceleration, handaling, and mabey top speed with a 3000$ price cap?

·
Registered
240 Posts
best thing to start with is Intake, Header, Exhaust and a set of coilovers :)

^ if you can't afford coilovers just go with some cheap lowering springs for now but be warned these will damage the original shox after a while of use.

if you have money left over some 15inch rims will give it a nice edge aswell

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I've always been a big fan of doing the suspension on the car first. It is a lot more fun to drive a slow car that handles well than a fast car that doesn't. Also while doing the suspension it gives you plenty of time to think about what you want to do for the cars motor.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
for $3000 with that car you can do some springs/shocks, strut towers, sways, maybe i/h/e, and maybe pick up some oem honda alloys and put some nice tires on them. I agree with kommon_sense as far as doing suspension first on any car.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a new issue i have..
my engine..
its making weird noises. At least i think its the engine.
Alright, i shift into third and then when i decide to let off the gas to slow down you can hear a noise kind of like a grinding but a very light grinding. as if you were lightly touching a peice of aluminum to a grinder. it also does this in second. but not in first fourth or fifth... it sounds liek something is loose.

Ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.