Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so first off i have a 93 dohc f20b swapped coupe, with the battery relocated to the trunk, and its wire tucked(which is where i may have f'd it up lol, but anyways, before i did the wire tuck she ran great, but now that i have everything back together the car starts and immediatly dies, ive checked for spark and fuel and both are good, ive also checked the tps, map at both the sensors and ecu. now i should also tell you that at first all the dash lights came on normally, then after a few times the brake and seatbelt lights would be on like normal while the cel,oil and batt. lights were really dim for about 5-10sec then came on fully, but then they went back to normal for the rest of yesturday. Well to day i found a ground that goes to the small clear connector in the fuse box under the hood wasnt hooked up, so i hooked it up and tried starting it a few times and still nothing then on the last try then cel,oil,batt lights dimmed again for about 5-10 sec then came on fully also while they were dim the fuel pump doesnt prime and the ignition chime doesnt sound, the cel somes on for 2 sec like normal and goes out.

Anyone have an idea of something i should check? i have an extra ign. switch just in case

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its your starter if it fires up then dies right away, thats what mine does anyway, itll fire up in just 2 cranks but dies

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
does anyone want to buy a pcm for 1997 prelude v-tec manual trans
this is a thread for getting the OP's problem fixed, not a for sale thread GTFO

OP have you checked the mainrelay? maybe the connections are bad (solder joints) starts up, but the vibration causes the connections to fail and therefore car dies.

may also be an indication of a faulty ignition assembly. everything is connected upon starting, AC, starter, but when you release from starting, the AC is disconnected for some reason.

I would grab a wiring diagram, and start taking the steering wheel palstic panels off and look around the ignition for a loose wire, maybe a burn spot...

Sorry I can be of more help, it would be easier if I was there myself lol

goodluck :btu

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lucky for myself ive already taken all the steering columb plastic off lol and to annabelle, its tucked away under the drivers side dash, its light gray/brown, and another thing matt i cant tell if the main relay works right now, im having power issues, the oil/batt/cel lights stay off until i try to start they they stay dim

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
hey asshole if i knew how to start my own thread or forum i would aite
go tot eh section, like classifieds ONCE YOU HAVE 50 POSTS

at the top there is this really clever button thats titled NEW THREAD

there you go. dont be an idiot and post whore to get the 50 posts either, too many people are doing that these days. contribute to the site, and be granted sales privilege. if you start a for sale thread with less then 50 posts, it will be deleted, and you may be banned.

yes I am an asshole, glad you made the call toughguy. you dont have to be on this site you know.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
lucky for myself ive already taken all the steering columb plastic off lol and to annabelle, its tucked away under the drivers side dash, its light gray/brown, and another thing matt i cant tell if the main relay works right now, im having power issues, the oil/batt/cel lights stay off until i try to start they they stay dim
how is your battery and alternator?

alternator needs a good 12 volts to properly function (call it a signal to work right lol)

the battery needs to be in good condition to provide proper power, and it acts as a resistor of sorts for the car. it dampens the power so electronics can get proper juice.

I would start at the battery if things are dim. check your grounds, every wire needs a clean contact, maybe you should unbolt all the grounds, grab a wire brush and clean it up a bit.

check the wiring off the alternator. double check teh connections are good. would be a good idea to unhook the battery negative, then teh battery positive cables, to be safe.

any luck with looking at the ignition stuff?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i fixed it, it was a ground issue, i f'in knew it was a simple thing

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
just a thought here, but does it stay running if you leave a bit of the throttle open? your idle stuff might be closed up, therefore preventing enough air to keep it running.

fuel injectors could also be clogged, or maybe teh fuel pressure is very low.

I know its a lot of shit to look at, but hey, whatever egts your baby running, right? lol

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks matt you get good rep for the help :D

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
EDIT for annabelle

What? its the OP's thread, not yours. make a thread if you need help :tu

or use this info as a guideline, Im sure your solution to your issues is similar or the same as his was

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ugh its happening again only its acting alot wierder, at first it just cranked then fired up and dies a sec later but when i tried giving it gas it would rev very slowly but now if i try to keep it running itll have a very erratic throttle response it alternates between slow revs to really fast and no throttle response, but not in any real order

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
iac? i know that's common but maybe some gunk got caught in there. or a clogged fuel line due to a bad filter or screwey pump? i'm sorry i can't give definite answers i just try to help the light bulb turn on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts