Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
yeah, sounds like something might be dirty

or possibly a TPS sensor going bad. if its throwing random voltages because of failure, the car is basically going nuts

if you have a multimeter or whatever that checks voltage, unplug your TPS, turn the ignition on, not the car. test for .5 volts at idle, and I THINK 4.5 volts at full throttle. I am not sure on the 4.5 volts number, but regardless, it should smoothly increase as you open the throttle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine had same issue and it was fuel filter, cheap way to start off your trouble shooting, if not open up the intake and spray stater fluid if it stays on normally while applying fuel its a fuel issue if no change in rpm at all its a spark issues or wiring??? hope this helps at all

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
problem was resolved over 2 years ago which is why no one has posted here in that long but it was my map sensor, it was wired wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would grab a wiring diagram, and start taking the steering wheel palstic panels off and look around the ignition for a loose wire, maybe a burn spot.. auto clicker.

Lucky for myself ive already taken all the steering columb plastic off lol and to annabelle, its tucked away under the drivers side dash, its light gray/brown, and another thing matt i cant tell if the main relay works right now, im having power issues, the oil/batt/cel lights stay off until i try to start they they stay dim.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts