Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm hopin to get ur help with my problem.

Somehow i can't start my car, but it's tryin to start. I dont want to keep crankin it cuz i dont want to mess up my distributor cap.

I found that two 15A fuses for IG (label for ignite) under the dash was blown and so i replace them. Again, i try to start the car but it wont start. Both fuses were blown again for 4 times.

My stock alarm doesn't work before it happen, so i dunno why. It happen for 2 week so far now. The led light on top of my steering column is always on even with the alarm not being set. I dunno wat goin on with my stock alarm, so do u think that is it? is that the stock alarm that shorten something? I dunno how to work with the stock alarm, the alarm came on when i unplug the positive battery, but after that i plug it back and try to start the car.. i can't set the alarm on. I can only lock and unlock the door whenever i go, but i can't get the sound on.

I dunno about 50A fuse for IG (labeled for Ignite) in the hood because when i take them off, the alarm was set on. HOwever i decided to put it back on and start the car. still both 15A fuses blown again and the led light on top of the column came back on again. I switch the 50A fuse for light over to IG, but same plm occur for both blown 15A fuses, so i assume that the 50A fuses are good.

I recently install my front speakers last week, but i pretty much cover the wires up pretty good. My lazy ass didn't wrap it around with electrical tape cuz i didn't have it at that time. I wrapped it around with a regular transparent tape, but it was wrapped up pretty good.

Now i'm out of idea. It happen before last month, so i was able to start the car after i replace the fuse. The starter, battery, spark plugs are fine because i had them tests at autozone before i found it was the fuses for the first time.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
if you have an led on top of your column it isnt a stock alarm. Id drop the dash panel and check if there are any exposed wires that may be grounding out. does the fuse blow as soon as you crank...or when you turn the key to on?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transparent said:
if you have an led on top of your column it isnt a stock alarm. Id drop the dash panel and check if there are any exposed wires that may be grounding out. does the fuse blow as soon as you crank...or when you turn the key to on?
I only try to crank to get it start for a brief time, then the fuse blown rite after that.

I remember when i forgot at that time i left my key on, i took off the blown fuse and replace it. I saw some spark and it blown the fuse because i left my key on. After that, i turn off the key and replace with another fuse, but it doesn't solve anything.

i need to find the cause of short circuit that keep blownin up the fuses. HOw exactly should i look at? loose wires or something? i'm sorry, i'm very frustrated cuz this is my 2nd week of school rite now. i would appreciate ur help.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
if there is an aftermarket alarm in the car they would need to tap into the 12volt constant wire, switched ignition wire and if there is a starter kill the starter wire would be cut and run through a relay. all those wires are found at the main ignition harness. the harness runs from the ignition cylinder at the column to the fuse panel. if you drop the plastic underdash panel and a metal knee bolster you should be able to get a clear look at those wires. when you are looking at those wires make sure that all the connections are properly done, either with tape or some kind of crimped connecter. check and make sure that there are no stray strands of wire that could be grounding out. also if you have access to a multi-meter try to find out which wire is losing power (if any at the ignition harness are losing power).

another thing you might want to check is the starter. if the ground on the starter is lose or disconnected it will search for another source of ground. often when that happens it will try to get ground through the wire that supplies it with power. that will cause the fuses to blow.

hope some of this helps you out :tu good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts