Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car wont start anymore. i checked my distributor at a shop they said its ok. i had my starter replaced already. my battery is dead i know that for a fact. i tried jump starting my car but nothing. theres no crank.a few days ago i jump started my car before and it did run for a couple of minutes but then it just died. after it died i try jump starting it again but nothing. no crank no sparks it just clicks. can anyone help me?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
can you check all ur fuse under the dash and in the hood and tell me if they are okay or been blown? I can help u to narrow it down and see wat sup.

also, take ur battery to the autozone for free testing. they'll test for u for free to see if they are good or bad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive checked all my fuses there all fine i know my battery is dead but doesnt jump starting still turn on the car? all i get is clicks no cranks doesnt try to turnover. im thinking its the starter but i just replaced it. ill probably take it to autozone.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
sometime it's not always the battery, u should check the alternator. sometime it can be alternator that is not chargin ur battery.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you were able to start the car (jump start) and end up dieing anyways its not your battery. The battery is only used for start ups ( most of the time). When the car is running its running off the alternator; not the starter. Did you also check the fuses under the hood? I would recommend getting the alternator checked out, but check all the connections and fuses first

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my engine is a b16 and my alternator is from a gsr. i just put in the alternator just a couple of weeks ago cause my b16 alternator was going out. is the gsr alternator not working with the b16?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well the GSR alternator should work for your car, but there is a chance that it too was faulty. Best thing to do as stated before see if the alternator is good and the fueses. If not those two then it would be wiring related.

·
Registered
578 Posts
your alt quit working and your batt is complety dead , get new alt and take your batt to autozone to make sure your cells are good have them charge it and put the new alt on ... your alt is your problem i guarentee it
if you need more proff jump the car but leave the cables on adn i bet the car will stay running b/ the other cars alt is doing the job ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts