Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
What are the actual symptoms? What IS working?

Is the starter clicking? Is the fuel pump priming? Is it cranking?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The starter just clicks. Like there is a dead battery or something. I got the starter checked out already and it works fine. I just pop started my car yesterday and then I shut it off to see wat would happen and its the same shit

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
If you know your battery is fine, then it's probably your alternator. The alternator is what makes sure your battery is always fully charged. So if your battery is fine, and your non-starting symptoms are of a dead battery, then I would go get your alternator checked at your local autozone or partsource etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
maybe someone is trying to kill you or is coming after you...very very slowly. Ive seen it before in horror movies. or maybe you need gas, in that case you can break out the trusty toolbox(aka wallet) and fill up at the gas station.*

but seriously? listen to CapnToll, he explained it better than I was going to

*a special thanks to the late Mitch Hedberg for the inspiration at the beginning of reply

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
maybe someone is trying to kill you or is coming after you...very very slowly. Ive seen it before in horror movies. or maybe you need gas, in that case you can break out the trusty toolbox(aka wallet) and fill up at the gas station.*

but seriously? listen to CapnToll, he explained it better than I was going to

*a special thanks to the late Mitch Hedberg for the inspiration at the beginning of reply
What Hedberg act is that from? I thought I've heard everything from him...that's new...although not quite as good when it's not coming from his mouth.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My delivery was nowhere near his but it was inspired by two of his jokes.

"You know, I would make a Shit=ty mechanic. A guy would come to me and say "My car won't start." "Well, maybe there is a killer after you."

"I don’t know how to fix a car. If the car breaks down, and the gas tank does not say “E”, I’m screwed. But if the gas tank says “E”, I get all cocky - “I’ve got this one, don’t worry.” So I get out the toolbox AKA wallet."

I am almost positive they are both from Mitch All Together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts