Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up i have a 90 crx si which i just installed a new motor in because the car had no motor when i bought it so i installed it and now it wont start it sounds like the timing belt its broke the way it is turning over i have fire on all cylinders i had gas but now i dont and the fuel pump is not comming on the timing is correct i am sure i checked on the belt and the distributer so anyone know it just turns over and sound really weird like no compression?:( :mad:

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i allready pulled the relay out and there 40 bucks at auto zone no my engine light doesnt stay on it goes off like i turn the key to on and the relay clicks and then about 3 seconda it clicks again and the light goes off but still no fuel pump sound

· Registered
801 Posts
Did you say you thought it might be a broken timing belt? well CHECK IT then!....But you should be able to hear your fuel pump pressureize the line when you turn the key so check the fuse for the fuel pump. Or a better way to know if your getting fuel is crank it a few times and pull a spark plug if its wet and smells like gas you have fuel.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well yea i checked my belt that was the first thing i did but no there is no gas no pump comming on and no fuel at the line i disconnected the line at the motor and nothing so im replacing the maiun relay right now and well see what heppens

· Registered
171 Posts
if your relay clicks then you should just be able to test it with multimeter, if you got power for the 3 seconds when you turn on the ignition, then you know its not the relay and somewhere down the line, probably the fuel pump if the relay is good and getting a signal from the comuter to turn on. just my 2 cents...

Laters...
[email protected]

· Registered
112 Posts
my brother had the same problem when he got his si motor installed. The car wouldn't start over, so we check the main relay, and that wasn't it. you might want to check the ground of the alternator see if that shit is hooked on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.