Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car wont start need help ASAP

well my bro drove my car earlier this mourning and it was fine , then I get in and it wont start. The motor wont turn over, but if I push-start it it seems to be fine, and It's not a dead battery, so Id have to say im 90 % sure it's a starter, but it's never given me any trouble before and when I woud hit the starter the car still wont turn over. So im open to any suggestions here, I really dont want it to be a starter because thats like 180 bones n I dont have that kind fo cash right now, n all the fuses seem to be fine too.

So basically Im sure I have to buy a starter, but im hopeing that there is something that I might have overlooked. So if anybody has any Ideas throw em out cuz im open.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
dseriespower said:
well my bro drove my car earlier this mourning and it was fine , then I get in and it wont start. The motor wont turn over, but if I push-start it it seems to be fine, and It's not a dead battery, so Id have to say im 90 % sure it's a starter, but it's never given me any trouble before and when I woud hit the starter the car still wont turn over. So im open to any suggestions here, I really dont want it to be a starter because thats like 180 bones n I dont have that kind fo cash right now, n all the fuses seem to be fine too.

So basically Im sure I have to buy a starter, but im hopeing that there is something that I might have overlooked. So if anybody has any Ideas throw em out cuz im open.
jump ur starter to see if it its working properly and see if ur connections to the starter is good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
check all your connections and the battery as well as the starter, could be corroded terminals on the battery or not tightened down terminals.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
dseriespower said:
found the problem, the connection to the ignition switch fell off :bh
thats good u fixed it. always check the easiest thing first when diagnosing a car

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
nice work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts