Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about your carbon fiber hoods....whats good and whats not,,,,,i hear alot about how they dont fit and being complete shit sometimes i was wondering what to look out for and what not..any particular brands that are good? What about ones on ebay? thanks in advance..........also can you guys post some pics of yours ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I heard really good things about VIS hoods. You can also find the VIS sometimes on ebay for a decent price. I never really heard anything else about other hoods either, so if ne one knows some more good brand CF hoods let us know.

·
Registered
293 Posts
VIs came out with a new hood which is grade AA i believe, suppose to be really goood and holds on strong. Fiberimage is also good but heard that many hoods now is not as good. I think best bang for the bucks will be vis, pretty light, strong, and roll edges, etc... Kamarmi sorry for spelling, is suppose to be really nice but cost like $800............Well hope that helps in some way, lates

·
Registered
347 Posts
I got an APC hood for my EG hatch, that thing is garbage. It has gaps on each side like 3/4 inch, and the hood is raised a good half inch in the rear because it is made too thick. I would not recommend APC as a good fit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just had damage from a deer strike and it did 3,000 in damage so I looked at the cost on the hood and paint and blending both quarters and I figured it up and ended up getting a VIS carbon fiber hood out of the deal and had extra money I used to hit the rear quarters that had rust problems. But what you wanted to hear the hood fits perfectly and I looked very closely at the weave and it has NO imperfections. I still haven't gotten the car back from the paint shop yet it is suppose to be done by monday but I can't find any problems with it. Also the OEM hood had that overhang infamous with 4th gen. and this hood corrected that problem. It's almost too good to be true :D

Hope this helps.

Peace

:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts