Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking, someone should make carbon fiber rims, think of all the weight that would save. But carbon fiber would probably not be strong enough for rims, but it is still a cool idea if you could make them strong enough.

· Registered
960 Posts
T-tec said:
I was just thinking, someone should make carbon fiber rims, think of all the weight that would save. But carbon fiber would probably not be strong enough for rims, but it is still a cool idea if you could make them strong enough.
You make them...tell me how it goes.
;)

· Registered
85 Posts
It would be expensive to make carbon fiber rims that are strong enough to support the weight of your car and when you hit bumps.. carbon fiber doesn't just break, it shatters into little pieces. Maybe for a full blown race car ONLY, but on a Honda? Hah!

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Re: Re: Carbon fiber rim

jaysi said:

You make them...tell me how it goes.
;)

lol

· Registered
49 Posts
carbon fiber shatters?

How come they have all thoes neat pictures of people selling carbon fiber hoods samshhing the hood with hammers and them not breaking!

THEY ARE THE STRONGEST MATERIAL AROUND

:-\

· Registered
1,041 Posts
They make them The inner part(hub) is made of aluminum and then the spokes and rim are made of cf. I know because I lost a bet to my friend who builds sand rails(fast as fuck). He told me he saw some on his mag. and I was like yeah right. Next thing I know, I was reading an article in his magazine about them and loosing $10. So yeah they make them, but not for imports or street. Lates

· Registered
2,837 Posts
Well holy crap would ya look at those. :)

I thought F1 cockpits and frames were made from CF because it's lighter AND stonger than tubular steel, and there for safer in the event of a catasrophic accident.:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.