Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a fiberglass bumper that came cracked , but after sizing it up id have to bend and pull and make the holes for the hardware to make it fit anyways so im returnig it, i think i wana replace it with a carbonfiber bumper, my question is do they usualy come fitting pretty good as a direct bolt on? and also i can only find the ones fron andysautosport.com are there any other carbon bumpers for my 97 ej around $500

thanks

· .Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
why do you want a CF bumper?

do you have a CF hood? turnk? anything esle on your car make this a smart purchase... if you want some CF.. just stick with your OEM bumper and get a CF lip.

i duno why in the world you would want a full CF bumper. thats just Luda.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:bash i didnt ask your opinion on the subject but if u must be like that than let me wast my time and tell u y, i do have a cf hood and am painting it pearl black soon and have all black 17s on the way so im going with the all black theme, and i like the look of cf with black pearl, its also somthing you dont see every day unlike the lips(not dissin em im jus tryen 2 have my own style)

· Registered
4,294 Posts
ok, so basically - you're a dbag and think that noone's going to give their opinion when you post up and ask a question about something. your question is whether a CF bumper will fit well - what brand are you planning to buy, what style? regardless, the answer is that any aftermarket part is going to require some "massaging" in order for it to fit well. also, i've never heard anyone say anything good about andysautosport...have you thought of checking the actual manufacturers sites or checking w/ forum sponsors?

my question is why would you even be looking for a $500 bumper? that just seems insane, especially for a 12 year old car that's not going to be a showstopper. there are plenty of ways to be "unique" w/o dropping big bucks on a bumper; that money could easily go into tons of other parts...

Both Tay Tay and I rock EJ8s as well, we're just trying to look out for the image of EJs everywhere :rolleyes

· Registered
22,822 Posts
:bash i didnt ask your opinion on the subject but if u must be like that than let me wast my time and tell u y, i do have a cf hood and am painting it pearl black soon and have all black 17s on the way so im going with the all black theme, and i like the look of cf with black pearl, its also somthing you dont see every day unlike the lips(not dissin em im jus tryen 2 have my own style)
so being a dick is sure to get you your answer. $500 dollars could definitely be better spent somewhere else on the car. You stand to gain absolutely nothing by going with a CF bumper, other than draining your bank account. I would guess that a CF bumper for an EJ8 is at the most 4 oz. lighter than a stock one. use the $500 towards boost or something worth your while, lightweight wheels, sticky tires, boost....

· Registered
39,372 Posts
id rather spend 500 in a strip club.

· .Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
so being a dick is sure to get you your answer. $500 dollars could definitely be better spent somewhere else on the car. You stand to gain absolutely nothing by going with a CF bumper, other than draining your bank account. I would guess that a CF bumper for an EJ8 is at the most 4 oz. lighter than a stock one. use the $500 towards boost or something worth your while, lightweight wheels, sticky tires, boost....

DP

:lol2

· Registered
22,822 Posts

· Registered
4,294 Posts
an oem bumper like the one I just picked up from the dealership. if you're committed to rice-dom then by all means, get whatever bumper you want. just keep in mind that you're not really getting much in the way of weight savings going with a CF bumper unless you follow up w/ CF fenders and trunk...and I can't think of a good reason for you to do that - even if you do track or show the car.

another option would be to convert your 96-98 front end to 99-00 spec - a lot of the "smiley face" front end owners convert to the slightly cleaner and meaner looking 99-00 front end. that's up to you, personally, I have no problem w/ your style front as it's perfect for a front mount. I happen to own a '00 so I have no need for a swap...

· Registered
3,077 Posts
I dont get why people try to save weight off stupid body panels and hoods when they dont even have lightweight rims.

example
Ricer: ZOMG MAN! I lost 15 lbs wiff mah new CF hood Ain't that SHWEET?!

Performance enthusiast: You paid 500 bucks? for 14 lbs of sprung weight lost? Couldn't you have just gone on a diet and bought some rims instead?

Everyone QUICK! the Carbon Fiber bandwagon is about to leave! JUMP ON!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.