Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
fiber images makes the BEST CF hood on the market next to spoon sports. the fitment is GREAT, the quality of the weave is AMAZING, and it looks downright gorgeous!!!

i have had mine since july and i am VERY happy with it.......NO problems whatsoever. i dont even have hood pins on it. the fiber images latch is VERY strong. i've driven over 100mph for long periods of time hundreds of times with this hood, and NEVER even thought twice about it flying up.

.......oh, and if you dont believe me on the fitment issue. just take a look at this pic WITH the hood on. 10 bucks says you would have thought it was the OEM hood if i hadnt told you otherwise;)

PS: one thing though. if you are going to get a CF hood it is IMPERITIVE!! to get it put on by a professional body shop. when my body shop first put it on, it didnt line up perfectly, they needed to work with it a little. also, the MAIN reason is that the rubber lip at the end of your stock hood, cannot be reused on a CF hood, at least there are no holes to mount it. but i had my body shop drill small holes (VERY risky, the hood was very thin) and were able to mount it with 4 small plastic screws and some epoxy. without that rubber peice there will be a 1/2" gap between the hood and your grill/headlights.......it looks REDICULOUS!!! i know, because after the body shop put the hood on, i went to check it out and nearly vomited. that's when i demanded they re-use the rubber peice by any means nessesary. so trust me, it's worth the extra $100-150 to get it professionally done. you can tell the difference in quality of installation. as you can see from my picture, it looks like my car came with that hood;)

· Registered
197 Posts
without money being an issue, would it be better to get a spoon hood over a fiber images hood.i've also heard very good thing about the benen CF hoods.so which one out of the three, without money being an issue and based totally on the quality of the product, would be the best choice?

· Registered
1,336 Posts
elite_racer said:
without money being an issue, would it be better to get a spoon hood over a fiber images hood.i've also heard very good thing about the benen CF hoods.so which one out of the three, without money being an issue and based totally on the quality of the product, would be the best choice?
benen tech cf hood have the same quality if not better then spoon hood, im getin a benen cf lip my self :) but benen only make eg hood for now :) fiber image cf quality is very close the spoon:) but for the price its a much better deal :) so if you want cf hood fiber image would be the logical choice for a quality hood :)

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Nick said:
fiber image weighs too much.
Do you own a fiber images hood? I do, it barely weighs anything bro- where do you get your information from? I can't stand unwarrented comments like the one you made- the fiber images hood is one of the lightest, highest quality hoods on the market.

· Registered
48 Posts
not only are fiber images hoods LIGHT AS HELL!!!

But they are mad cheap!!

the quality is amazing!!

and i was doing 130mph the other nite WITHOUT hood pins, and without a single worry that the hood would fly up!!!!!

why would you NOT get one???

· Registered
1,226 Posts
nycivicsi said:
fiber images makes the BEST CF hood on the market next to spoon sports. the fitment is GREAT, the quality of the weave is AMAZING, and it looks downright gorgeous!!!

i have had mine since july and i am VERY happy with it.......NO problems whatsoever. i dont even have hood pins on it. the fiber images latch is VERY strong. i've driven over 100mph for long periods of time hundreds of times with this hood, and NEVER even thought twice about it flying up.

.......oh, and if you dont believe me on the fitment issue. just take a look at this pic WITH the hood on. 10 bucks says you would have thought it was the OEM hood if i hadnt told you otherwise;)

PS: one thing though. if you are going to get a CF hood it is IMPERITIVE!! to get it put on by a professional body shop. when my body shop first put it on, it didnt line up perfectly, they needed to work with it a little. also, the MAIN reason is that the rubber lip at the end of your stock hood, cannot be reused on a CF hood, at least there are no holes to mount it. but i had my body shop drill small holes (VERY risky, the hood was very thin) and were able to mount it with 4 small plastic screws and some epoxy. without that rubber peice there will be a 1/2" gap between the hood and your grill/headlights.......it looks REDICULOUS!!! i know, because after the body shop put the hood on, i went to check it out and nearly vomited. that's when i demanded they re-use the rubber peice by any means nessesary. so trust me, it's worth the extra $100-150 to get it professionally done. you can tell the difference in quality of installation. as you can see from my picture, it looks like my car came with that hood;)
instead of paying more and risking screwing up your new CF hood by trying to drill it, simply use the rubber adjuster knobs found on the left and right sides of the frame underneath the hood, these "bumpstops" were designed to properly line up the factory hood and work perfectly to adjust the CF hood as well- thats all you have to do, thats all I did with mine (which I put on myself because its one of the easiest modifications to do to your car) and it fits/looks beautiful- you absoultely do not need a body shop to put this hood on, all you need is a helping hand from a friend- peace

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.