Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pics of the project on process, info on it is in sig. A buddy of mine is going to school for auto body so I let him use the car as a project. Lot cheaper that way too. It just came out of the body shop and is now getting ready for the paint, lipkit, and spoiler. Decided not to go with House of Kolor paint since it can be expensive. Instead I'm gonna go with PPG silverstone metallic. Just a silver with white pearl, and its even a stock Honda color but I dont know what vehicles it came on.
The guy still needs to sand the welds and what-not and has some dings and dents to take out. I'm also getting the emblems shaved. Should be done a couple weeks. Then its motor time.
Sorry if they are dark and hard to see. The guy took some at school but didnt use flash or anything and I didnt have the chance to fix them.
Theres one spot I'm a little worried about, and thats the roof where he welded the new side in place. It dipped down from the welds, but he said it will be fixed so I will trust him.
If the pics dont work I have them in my gallery...http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=54014

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
dang, that thing got mangled. kick ass progress tho, that is a whole hell of alot of work

·
Registered
519 Posts
man that car "got knocked the f*ck out" hahahahha!!

anywayz, awesome progress man, you definitely have to post some pics of when shes all done!!

good luck!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JaySlide said:
thats def a big change, what made you wanna fix it rather than junk it??
Cuz its my baby :D
Its actually a really good car. I bought it from the police in Minneapolis for $400..... 2 yrs ago.... but I never had the chance to get it fixed. It was abandoned in a parking lot and the owner never claimed it after the 90 days so I bought it. Had 66k from Utah. Title was still clean so... The frame was fine, off just a hair in the rear but it was easy to straighten. The window and power locks even still worked. Its actually a pretty easy fix, it just looked really bad since it was down the whole side.

Its not costing that much actually. Like I said my buddy is going to school for auto body. All I have to pay for is parts, paint, and a percentage of anything the school had to buy like welding rods and such.
I bought a parts car from a buddy, thats where I got the replacement quarter, and the door and fender I bought a while back from a junkyard. So far its cost me about $900.

Lip kit is on the way, along with the spoiler (just a stock 2dr w/light). I still need to get mirrors and c/f hood.

C

·
0 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
The guy still needs to sand the welds and what-not and has some dings and dents to take out.
LOL. I'm sorry, but I thought that was funny when I looked at the car. What happened?

Looks like you're really putting a lot into this. I'm glad you're keeping us updated on your project! I think it's interesting to see the transformation. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Civic Ex Chick said:
LOL. I'm sorry, but I thought that was funny when I looked at the car. What happened?
Dont know what happened. No report or anything. Police just found it in a parking lot, sent a letter to the owner but they never came to claim the car. My best guess is side swipe. It was hit from front to back, initial hit was right under the quarterglass. Had to be a taller vehicle also that hit it cuz all the damage was higher on the car.

C

·
0 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
Dont know what happened. No report or anything. Police just found it in a parking lot, sent a letter to the owner but they never came to claim the car. My best guess is side swipe. It was hit from front to back, initial hit was right under the quarterglass. Had to be a taller vehicle also that hit it cuz all the damage was higher on the car.
Damn. Well, lucky you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts