Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off. I backed up onto a ginormous curb and caught my exhaust on the bitch. Well when i pulled off the damn thing, i managed to bend/pull my exhaust out of place. Now i got up under the car to inspect, and the cat-back looks good though its pushed up on the heat sheilds now making all kinds of noise. The header and flex pipe looked good as well. Now im not positive, but i beleive the exhaust gave in/ bent at the front cat. flange. So ive been looking into CarSound cats to replace the stock one anyways, this just accelerates the process. Im pretty positive that i need the 2.5" Cat. with 3-bolt flanges front and rear. i havent measured actual length yet, buts thats easily done. So i guess the real bottom line quest. is.... how much did you spend, whether it was to have the flanges welded from the site you purchased from or was it done locally? Where is the best place to go/look?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I spent less than $100 at completeexhaust.com and had a buddy of mine cut a section out of my delete pipe and clamp it for $40 clamp it

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn! Upon further inspection, ive noticed a hole/tear in the lower/rear lip of the canister. I put my hand under there while the exhaust was still cold, and there is a good amount of exhaust coming from the hole now. Could i have this spot welded, or could i use some exhaust gasket RTV or something. Its on the backside of the can, so theres no real appearance issue.

·
Registered
699 Posts
barney doesnt even have an exhaust :ninja

i went to autozone and got some exhaust crack sealer and JB weld. I put the exhaust crack sealer on first. Let dry for 3 hours. Heat will help the curing process. Once its hardened, i put JB weld on top of it. I need a new exhaust. This N1 is 3+ years old and has been through a 2.5" drop for a year.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, mine is getting pretty damn old as well. Been thinking of something different here soon. What kind of set ups are you considering??

·
Registered
699 Posts
MacTown said:
Yeah, mine is getting pretty damn old as well. Been thinking of something different here soon. What kind of set ups are you considering??
something bigger than what i have now. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
road.head said:
something bigger than what i have now. Thats for sure.
Yeah, i thought about looking into a custom bent setup from a local shop. I know that guys at Brauning Motorsports could set me up with something im sure. Trying to get away from the N1 look. Something a bit more conservative looking. Maybe even a hidden set up.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i just bought my cat from kteller.com. i bought a 13 3/4" with o2 bungs front and rear and 3 bolt flanges front and rear. turns out that the preludes front flange is three bolt, but in a weird pattern...its different from the back. kteller sent it to me with the front and back the exact same. also, the front o2 bung isnt on the cat, its coming off of the flex pipe, so you only need an o2 bung in the rear. that was my mistake. where kteller screwed up the worst though, was they sent me a cat that was just over 16" long. there was no way i could get that bitch to fit. so now im trying to email them and get them to take it back and send me the right shit.

:bash

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn bro' that sucks. Hope they settle up for ya' So the front and rear flanges are both 3 bolts, just not postioned the same?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Weird, I just had the same problem. I got a Carsound Cat from kteller too. The cat flange that connects to the header is wrong/weird, but the length of my cat is fine.

I decided I'm just going to have the local shop do the 2.5" collector mod to my GReddy header and weld on a kteller 3 bolt flange (that I just ordered), instead of cutting ruining the finished job on the cat.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i thought of just buying the cat and the flanges separate. That way when i get a custom bent exhaust they can position and flanges then. Ive decided that im just gonna deal with the vibrating/rattling heatshields until i can save up enough to install an entirely new exhaust setup. Im in the process of waiting on parts for my suspension. Once thats done, ill start focusing on the exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.