Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
main question...

do i need a seperate aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to adjust my idle fuel pressure? the instructions say i can adjust the top screw like you would on an adjustable fpr but they call it the "on set screw"... is this doing the same thing?
cheers

jimbo

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Not exactly. It's recommended to get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to adjust the idle fuel pressure. Or some have drilled a tiny hole that leads to the return line in the stock FPR to reduce the fuel pressure. I'm trying to think it was like .006 or something. Whatever the smallest drill bit is in a set of like 20-40 should work.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol.. drilling the hole sounds a little dodgy!
think i'll purchase an adjustable regulator instead ;-)
any recommended? a lot i have found arent complete units but modify the existing regulator to make it adjustable...? any good?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok... so... normally to adjust base pressure on a n/a car you take the vacumm hose off the regulator and adjust to the desired pessure then replace hose.
when you have an "fmu" as well as regulator do i have to remove vacuum hose from the "fmu" aswell as the regulator?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
ok... so... normally to adjust base pressure on a n/a car you take the vacumm hose off the regulator and adjust to the desired pessure then replace hose.
when you have an "fmu" as well as regulator do i have to remove vacuum hose from the "fmu" aswell as the regulator?
The B&M instructions don't mention anything about pulling the vacuum hose to adjust: CommandFlo Honda '88-'00 Civic/CRX, '00 S2000, Acura '90-'00 Integra, Acura '91-'00 NSX (purple). I think you only need to pull it for the Cartech so that it sees the atmospheric pressure.

Also, a little note on the AEM site somewhat describes the symptom you're having after letting off the gas: AEM - Honda/Acura Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmmmmmmm.... actually... i think with the vacuum line off you are adjusting the max fuel pressure... and i want to adjust the base pressure... surely the fmu is only effecting fuel pressure when there is boost... so shouldnt effect it?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
hmmmmmmmm.... actually... i think with the vacuum line off you are adjusting the max fuel pressure... and i want to adjust the base pressure... surely the fmu is only effecting fuel pressure when there is boost... so shouldnt effect it?
If you're only talking about the FMU, then yes, you pull the vac line off so that the FMU is seeing atmospheric pressure, and you adjust from there. If you're talking about a B&M or AEM, the instructions mention nothing about pulling the vac line. Here are the instructions for the FMU: Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation Instructions

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i think you pull the vac line on a n/a car to adjust max fuel pressure because max fuel requirement is at atmospheric pressure. whereas throttle with s/charger is with boost.

but base pressure on both n/a and boosted is on vacuum... so technically to adjust pressure at idle i should leave all vacuum hoses in place so the regulators are reading as they would in operation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.