Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am about to buy a new reciever for my civic. I have a reciever on the dash (the usual place) and i also have a cassete player on the bottom, right in front of the shifter. Now, if i buy a reciever with just a cd player in it, can i also hook up the cassete player to it. So in other words, can i hook up my cassete player to a new reciever? This question might sound stupid, but im new to the whole car audio thingambobble. Thanks

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so then what and how would i install it? also, what materials and components will i need? thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
you need a dash kit (metra makes one, but I dont know the number off the top of my head)
wire harness metra 70-1720
universal pocket to fill up the tape deck hole metra 88-00-9000
the dash kit will come with instructions on how to take your radio out

·
Registered
25 Posts
the metra dash kit is 997898 and the harness is a 801720 or a 701720 depending on where u go! all u should need is the dash kit!! never heard of needing the universal pocket (88009000) for a honda, especially since the honda kit has a pocket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the dash kit usually fills up the entire opening by giving it a din mount hole with a pocket either on the top or bottom of the din opening. the radio will slide into the din hole and the pocket can be used to store small items. on most cars all u should need is the dash kit. other cars are iso-mounted or needs a universal pocket in order for it to fit and look good. i've never seen a civic which needed a universal pocket, but i could be wrong! all u should need is the metra 997898 dask kit and 801720 harness.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
southboy1246 said:
the dash kit usually fills up the entire opening by giving it a din mount hole with a pocket either on the top or bottom of the din opening. the radio will slide into the din hole and the pocket can be used to store small items. on most cars all u should need is the dash kit. other cars are iso-mounted or needs a universal pocket in order for it to fit and look good. i've never seen a civic which needed a universal pocket, but i could be wrong! all u should need is the metra 997898 dask kit and 801720 harness.
on the 96-98 civic there was an option to get a cassette deck in front of the cup holders. if he wanted to emilinate that he would need the pocket

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, i have the casette player, so then it would just become a hollow pocket? also, where are some sites i can get this from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts