Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 Si had some vibration/alignment issues that got narrowed down to badly worn suspension mounts and similar, considering just under 170k miles on the body. Front and rear shocks/struts/mounts were replaced with OE-spec components, which stiffened up the ride nicely but now made the car pull even worse depending on the condition.

Took it back to the shop, and the caster was off. Not wanting to pay for adjustable plated from Australia or similar, they adjusted it with nuts/washers with the stock towers. It got *better* but is still off, and I'm having to turn 2-3 degrees left on the highway to keep it straight, and it needs constant adjustments or it bounces around the lane.

I took it back again, and they confirmed it is aligned correctly, but it isn't or something else is going on. I'm running winter tires, which doesn't help but it didn't have this issue to begin with.

Before I try getting new tires, any advice on what to do, or another way to align this? There is a chance the frame of the car itself has been tweaked and making this worse, but I can't stand dropping the money for all new components just to have it run worse.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
usually if caster is off on one of these cars then something is bent.

i would take it to another shop and see what they say, tell them what the last place said and maybe they can figure out whats wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts