Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got an alignment done. They fixed my toe and my spc camber kit is on the way, but the mechanic told me he couldnt correct the caster cuz it needed some type of spacers??? He really didnt know what they were and told me to talk to Honda. Can anyone tell me what I need.
My caster is at 4.0 front left and 3.7 front right. Is this really bad? And if so how will it affect my car?

·
Registered
498 Posts
wait so he told you to get spacers, but he doesn't know what they are? :confused

caster measures how far the center of your wheel hub is from the steering pivot access. sort of hard to explain, but the one example i've seen many times is the shopping cart example. the front wheels on a shopping cart has positive caster. the more positive you have, the more stable you are on a straight line at high speeds, but it also means steering takes more effort at low speeds.

for most cases, caster doesn't affect you that much, and does not affect tire wear. but you do want it to match. in your case, since your left is higher than the right, your left wheel is probably pulling to the center. in other words, you're probably drifting to the right.

spacers won't fix caster. you can adjust your caster by tilting the steering axis forward or backward to get positive or negative caster. in your case, backwards for negative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts