Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they are the same size in length?

im sure diamter for inlet and outlets they are the same and the ocerall diamter should not matter am i correct?

so ya if you could tell me about these things i would be happy :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
theforeman said:
does anyone know if they are the same size in length?

im sure diamter for inlet and outlets they are the same and the ocerall diamter should not matter am i correct?

so ya if you could tell me about these things i would be happy :D

i would think they are the same size in lenght. so umm yea i guess. and umm just get the lenght size from the aftermarket exhuast.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i think they are different. i know my 92 accord had flex pipe on the header and my 95 didn't which means the header is longer and it places the cat farther back which may mean a different size.

why you want a 4th gen cat? just get a carsound hi flow cat.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found the difference last nihgt

i belive they are in the same place and also the same length. but a 4th gen has a 3 bolt connection on each side while a 5th gen has a 3bolt on the inlet side of the cat and a 2 bolt on the outliet.

and i already ordered one last night also for my car :D

now i kinda want to get a header. but i also want to save up and get an h22a some year. so why waste money on a header for this engine. hmm i dunno

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
theforeman said:
but i also want to save up and get an h22a some year. so why waste money on a header for this engine. hmm i dunno
all the more reason to just get a hi flow cat now instead of a 4th gen one. you need to the cut exhaust anyways so doing a hi flow unit with a swap is a good idea. having the cat now, is just one less thing to get later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts