Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
SEARCH

· Registered
10,346 Posts
a real cat converter removes da rasp. fuck test pipes, doesnt gain any real performane anyways

· Registered
1,993 Posts

· Registered
2,148 Posts
thanks, but my cat is plugged up and i figured, a straight thru pipe would give better flow than a cat. i am only wondering any negative effects thhis may hav
thanks
did you feed it cheese :ninja

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Max of 5hp, not work it.
depending on how many cats you have and how restrictive it is, youll see more than 5.

But in most I/H/e setups, then yes theyll fail.

He could have a built motor for all we know, but i doubt it because he wouldnt be asking this.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
nope. my buddy has an allmotor b18/b16 build, pushing 235whp, and he only noticed 5.2hp on the mustang dyno he used for tuning.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
nope. my buddy has an allmotor b18/b16 build, pushing 235whp, and he only noticed 5.2hp on the mustang dyno he used for tuning.
Theres 630hp caramo this guy was showing me and they dynoed it and it dropped like 30 horses when he put the cat on.

some cars can have a 10-20hp gain. But many wont.

I think if you get rid of all the cats of an STI you can see a little over 10hp gain.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Im talking about a honda 4 cyl, not engines as a whole:)

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all yur responses, no i do not hav a built motor, what i plan to do is remove my cat and hollow it out, therfore even cheaper than buyin a test pipe, and im not lookin for max power and what not. i am lookin into headers and exhaust rite now and wats the point of a nice exhuast system when u hav a restrictive cat, it kinda defeats the purpose, i think just my opinion flame me if u want i dont care

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Im talking about a honda 4 cyl, not engines as a whole:)

I know..Unless its a 700hp 4 cyl ...:sneaky

whitecivichatch said:
thanks for all yur responses, no i do not hav a built motor, what i plan to do is remove my cat and hollow it out, therfore even cheaper than buyin a test pipe, and im not lookin for max power and what not. i am lookin into headers and exhaust rite now and wats the point of a nice exhuast system when u hav a restrictive cat, it kinda defeats the purpose, i think just my opinion flame me if u want i dont care
For emmissions and plus the fact that people get exhuasts for the noise because they really dont know they are hurting their perfomance.

Size your exhuast right and get a high flow cat and you will be fine. Looks like you need to do some research.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.