Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!
I got myself a 1989 Honda Integra from japan with B16A engine, of course, everything is good about the car, exept the heating system. I can only get the blowing motor work on the HI, not MID or LOW, can anyone suggest how to fix that and some details. Another question, i have a catalic converter light coming on even before starting the engine, how do I fix that one?

I'd love to hear any points on how to fix my problems.Thanks a lot everyone, i will include the picture of the catalic converter light on my display.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
nice car. how much how power does that b16 have? as for the light idk b/c I think thats something only on JDM cars. I think whats wrong with your heater is the relays or somethin in the switch. Mine doesnt have the lowest setting anymore and someone told me it's a relay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, well this b16a has about 165hp right now, but i'll be doing some mods some time soon, i have the money, just need to buy the parts, i have planned to buy headers, exhaust, and a turbo. i thought its oging to be around 4g to do all of it, so i'd say by may i'll be done, its too cold over here in canada, so i need the heater, okay so u r saying that i need to change the panel where u press those buttons to adjust the speed of the fan or what?

here are some exterior pictures, note that the white racing rims are now in storage for winter, car is on the original rims with winter rubber.




 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
hey cool pics. My car only has 130 hp :mad. ohh and your a/c controls dont look like mine so i dont know how to fix it. nice car tho. Id love to have that engine in my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, you'd think that the dash board would be diff, bc its a RHD and i dont like this dash board, too much in electronics, fuickng japanese. :mad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,254 Posts
ruzha said:
thanks, well this b16a has about 165hp right now, but i'll be doing some mods some time soon, i have the money, just need to buy the parts, i have planned to buy headers, exhaust, and a turbo.
Well I'll save you some money. you can't use a header if you have a turbo. Make sure you research before you buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
kinda off topic but ive always wondered this.... ok in a 5spd RHD car. is 1st gear to the left to right like USDM or to the right to left?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
The reason for your blower to work only on the high position is because high speed requires full battery voltage. Thats why its at a higher speed. Any other speeds other than the high position will have the batter voltage routed through resistors to lower its voltage.

With lower voltage, the blower will blow at a slower speed. At the lowest setting, the power must go through a series of resistors therefor causing it to blow at a very low speed.

So if all other speeds do not work besides your high speed, that means your resistors are f*cked up. Just change the resitstor wherever they are on your teg. You may be lucky enough to find them at a local salvage yard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
female four said:
The reason for your blower to work only on the high position is because high speed requires full battery voltage. Thats why its at a higher speed. Any other speeds other than the high position will have the batter voltage routed through resistors to lower its voltage.

With lower voltage, the blower will blow at a slower speed. At the lowest setting, the power must go through a series of resistors therefor causing it to blow at a very low speed.

So if all other speeds do not work besides your high speed, that means your resistors are f*cked up. Just change the resitstor wherever they are on your teg. You may be lucky enough to find them at a local salvage yard.

BRAVO! this f*cking made sense, you've given me an excellent answer! i love it. but im a dummy, where are those resistors located in the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lude_dude_si said:
kinda off topic but ive always wondered this.... ok in a 5spd RHD car. is 1st gear to the left to right like USDM or to the right to left?
Ok, it is very simple, because if you had shift gear switched just like the steering wheel, you wouldnt be able to do the engine swap easily, hence why japs make gears the conventially, same pattern as everywhere, same goes to pedals
here

1 3 R
2 4

and pedals:
clutch, brake and gas, easy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
acuradriva said:
Well I'll save you some money. you can't use a header if you have a turbo. Make sure you research before you buy.
your wrong :boo

my friend has a 99 gsr 4DR with turbo and wright now he's driving it with the heater on. :btu

it will not affect the motor if you have a heater on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gsrboy171 said:
your wrong :boo

my friend has a 99 gsr 4DR with turbo and wright now he's driving it with the heater on. :btu

it will not affect the motor if you have a heater on
*cough* *cough*
notice how it says header, not heater.
Thanks for the correction though. :clap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
That I can not be sure off because I do not have a DA teg, at least thats my assumption from your pictures.

If anywhere it should be where your blower motor is, under the dash behind the glove box. It will be in direct path of the airflow because when these resistors get hot, it uses the passing air to help cool it down.

You should try to dig up the information in a Helms manaual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dont worry about the DA tag, it shouldnt be a prob, the electrical stuff is just inverted in the car, so i can find it if ilook in the mirror.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
ohh yea and my guess on that light is that your cat is getting too hot and maybe you need to replace it. :confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,076 Posts
wow your INTEG is really fresh Perlude 94'

all you need is a drop suspension!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
gsrboy171 said:
wow your INTEG is really fresh Perlude 94'

all you need is a drop suspension!
I do have a drop suspension. I need to take new pics. I washed and waxed it today so ill got get some pics tomorow. Thanxx, you should give me some rep :tu
 
  • Like
Reactions: gsrboy171

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no worries

I really dont care about the cat light, i just bought myself two skylines one is 600hp to the tires and the other is 350hp drift car, this tega is getting sold and i just changed the full catback system to greddy system.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
ruzha said:
I really dont care about the cat light, i just bought myself two skylines one is 600hp to the tires and the other is 350hp drift car, this tega is getting sold and i just changed the full catback system to greddy system.

You just bought two skylines? take some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,860 Posts
Have you tested the catalytic converter? If you've got access to a digital pyrometer thats the easiest way to do it, let the car idle up to normal operating temperature and then measure the temperature of the exhaust gas right before the catalytic converter, then in the middle of the catalytic converter and then at the exit of the catalytic converter I'm talking right on the piping exiting the cat. There should be a difference of 10% if the catalytic converter is working and with a car as old as this I would wonder about the cat and wether you used leaded gasoline or possibly melted the catalyst inside. Just get a "Car Sound Cat". Thats what I'd do or I'd try resetting the ECU and seeing if the light goes off.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top