Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 98 civic with b18c swap....i got a test pipe...i been wanting to get a catalytic converter for it...so i can quite down the noise of my exhuast....but wat i want to know is can i use an integra or si catalytic converter so it would fit up to the b18c headers!!!???....would that solve my problems...or do i need to just go to a muffler shop and get one of their off brand converters..???.....someone help a brother out with an answer...thanks :byye

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
if you just want to quiet down the noise of your exhaust, look into dif. mufflers. but if youre deadset on getting a cat, it should be the same size piping to match the collector on your header, and the exhaust mating up to the other side. if its too long, just ask the shop(they should do it without you asking) to chop off some piping so it fits in to weld back on. you should get a high flow cat so you dont lose much power but still stay legal, but then you might worry about fitment and whatnot to the header. again, IMO, go OEM with a gsr cat if you must get a converter. should fit fine with the header if its oem also.

the cat will lower the sound, but will also steal some power and restrict your exhaust flow. itd be much easier, quieter, and possibly cheaper depending on which brand, to get a quieter muffler. and you keep the same power without the cat. what are you using now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.