Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my CATALYTIC CONVERTER is messed up or maybe is clogged or something cuz my car keeps holding back. sometimes i can press the gas and it kinda feels like it just holds back and out of no were it will finally just and go . just something isnt right. my whole exhaust is new but my CATALYTIC CONVERTER and headers. so i was just thinking of geting a new one and see maybe if that stops the bull shit. anyways. i wasnt trying to buy one from autozone or what not cuz its over $100 and i know on ebay or whatever they have some cheap aftermarket ones. but which one would people think i should buy? i dont have anything racing and dont want anything high performance. just an upgrade from the stock kinda or something near that will be good and do the job. so does anyone have a Link or something that i should buy?

i was also wondering. i know that a bad Catalytic Converter can cause loss of power like riding wise. but what about power like with diming of headlights and maybe causeing a car to die out sometimes to fast?

and also what about starting up in the morning? cuz out of no were my car starts up so shity in the morning. like it struggles to turn on . and if i was to drive it for 20minutes and have it sit there for about 8 hours( while am at work) and then when i get out and start it up. it still starts up shity. not as bad as the morning. but still not normal..

Thanks alot..

·
Registered
44 Posts
It doesn't sound (to me atleast) like the catalytic converter is the problem. The cat doesn't affect the starting, and as per cheap parts; you get what you pay for. Guys driving domestics always bitch about how foreign cars parst cost more and glote how much cheaper domestic parts are, but I always say domestic parts are cheaper cuz they need to be, seeing as how a domestic car is gonna break down a lot more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Number one rule is you get what you paid for. When buying parts for you car that have to do with the performance of your car dont trust ebay you are better of getting you stuff from a store. brand name stuff is expensive but you get you money worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.