Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a tsudo catback and its wayy too loud..i dont want the silencer on because it blocks air flow..so i was thinking of leaving the catback piping for tsudo and changing the axleback to another brand..would that help make it not as loud depending on what kind of brand and would another brand just bolt connected to the piping i have on now?

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Perhaps a longer resonator?

My friend on his 95 civic did that after his GReddy exhuast muffler end kinda of rusted, he kept his piping and replaced the muffler part, sounds good still.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
ctj121683 said:
Tsudo is loud as hell. I'd put the silencer in it.
Well he doesn't want to put that silencer on it cause it'll create a bottleneck so I think he'll probably replace the muffler end.

i dont want the silencer on because it blocks air flow

·
Registered
637 Posts
Who cares if it bottlenecks on the street for everyday use, just take off the silencer during track day.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
If I remember right though the Tsudo is still pretty loud and raspy with the silencer.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
get a dynomax bullet race muffler and mount it
right after your cat.
it will quiet things down a lot.

i noticed that couple of you recommended a silencer.
i just dont see the point of having a silencer. what you do if you do come across someone that wants to have fun (race
:rolleyes: on the highway??? what do you say?? "oh...let me pull over so i could take my silencer out"
hell no you step on it a kick some ass.
you need your exhaust to be quiet untill you really get on it 4000rpm+

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
plus i dont know where you live but around here they steal silencers like crazy. my best friend had his stolen the first nite he had the exhaust installed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my question is if i did replace the axleback part..would that quiet things down if it were to be another brand known to be more quiet? the sound depends on the muffler brand and type correct?

·
Registered
260 Posts
pbizzleGSR said:
my question is if i did replace the axleback part..would that quiet things down if it were to be another brand known to be more quiet? the sound depends on the muffler brand and type correct?
Mugen twin loop exhaust or comptech muffler. I have a comptech muffler waiting to be install. It's just sitting in my garage now. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
No matter what you put on when you go with a catback system espically over sized piping it is going to be loud. I am running a custom 2 1/4 catback with a magnaflow exhaust. It is not too loud but it is still loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts