Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Find your PCV and the 4-6 ionche hose that attaches to it, install the catch can by removing one end, hook to can, hook the extra hose cut to about 6 inches, plug the other end to pcv. Job done. Idead is to prevent sludge and shit from going back into the intake.

PCV>>>>CAN>>>>>>INTAKE

>>>>>>>> is hose

· Registered
10,346 Posts
BTW PCV is usually mounted on one of the runners for the intake manifold.

Ive found that ebay catch cans are not baffled, which defeats the purpose of it being used. Fix this by tearing up some steel wool and stuffing it inside the catch can. Job done

· Registered
10,346 Posts
STOCK

PCV>>>>intake manifold

CAN INSTALL

PCV>>>CAN>>>intake manifold

· Registered
10,346 Posts
theoretically you are cutting that hose in half and putting the can in the middle. Most likely the can came with some hose, make sure to find a good place for the can, and its alright if the hose is long. maybe use two lengths like 2 feet and mount it some how on the firewall, or if you have a strut bar, you can zip tie it to that.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theoretically you are cutting that hose in half and putting the can in the middle. Most likely the can came with some hose, make sure to find a good place for the can, and its alright if the hose is long. maybe use two lengths like 2 feet and mount it some how on the firewall, or if you have a strut bar, you can zip tie it to that.
Alright, Thank you!

· Registered
10,346 Posts

remember to get some of this and tear it up and put it inside the catch can somehow, I know my old can had a 1/4 inch hole, so I had to tear it up pretty small. Without it, It serves no purpose to prevent sludge and shit from being filtered out. Only way top get around this is if your catch can said it is baffled inside

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

remember to get some of this and tear it up and put it inside the catch can somehow, I know my old can had a 1/4 inch hole, so I had to tear it up pretty small. Without it, It serves no purpose to prevent sludge and shit from being filtered out. Only way top get around this is if your catch can said it is baffled inside
Does it matter where you place the steel wool inside the can?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
have it filled up and loosely packed so its not a big restriction, The idea is to make the air travel through the wool so as to collect the blow by shit.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
or go to homedepot and get a air-water separator for a aim compressor. mine is husky brand
seeing as he already got it, guess tyhats not an option for him. I dont have one tyhough id like one, soooo.... How much did you pay for yours? or if you dont have one, how much they go for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.