Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat and I used one of those bottles....and couple days later i put on some new tires and i had the popped tires taken off...i wasnt careful and inside the pop tires were stille the liquids from the fix it can that i used. It got all over my rim and it stains!!!! it left some black stains all over the rim and i cant get it off no matter how hard i scrub and the cleaning products i use.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My girl was determined that fix a flat would fix the flat tire on her car, while we were stuck out in bum hell virginia on I-85 at 1am... Why I didn't check to see if she had a spare b4 we lef,to make a long story short..... Fix a flat bubbled the tire in several area and swole the sidewall. I'm surprised the tire didn't explode.
Needless to say we were towed to a gas station and walked around the parking lot for 45mins trying to buy a tire or spare off of anyone who pulled up!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
That sh!t also thows off your wheel allingment.
It's better to keep a good spair.

Some lazy tire shops just hate to take the extra time of remooving the tire,
washing it out, putting it back on, and ballencing it again.

·
Registered
864 Posts
sleepysal said:
Also tire monkeys hate that stuff, give them a break and let them know you used it.
Tire monkey... is that like the Bathroom Monkey from SNL? :lmao

·
Registered
325 Posts
tell me about it that stuff sucks balls, last night i changed a guy's tire (I work at tires plus) and the dip shit didnt tell me he had pumped the tire full of that shit. Needless to say the second I broke the bead that shit was all over me and the shop.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Well I've used shit similar to that more than a couple of times, when i didn't have real tiny low profile tires it worked pretty good. Remember u gotta drive around on it for a while after u fill your tire so it seals evenly.

I've never had a problem with it though. And yes its definately true that tire shops don't like it or tell u not to use it. U know what i tell them?

Suck a fattie, honestly i don't care if u gotta work a little harder, i'm sick of people at businesses making customers feel bad cuz they're lazy.

On the same note i also mark the tire valves like the cans say and do tell them. I might think u deserve to work hard when i pay u, but nobody likes things exploding nasty chemical shit in their face. :noo

I just have one of those little tire plug kits with the two screw driver shaped tools and they work fine for nails and screws in your tire.

Also keep in mind, no can or plug is gonna fix your tire if u really blew it.

Before ne tire shop guys go telling me off, keep in mind i clean up baby throw up at least once a week, actually baby throw up isn't at the top of my list of things i hate to do at work, it's close though.

I gotta work my ass off for the $$ i make to pay u to change my tire, then u better believe the train to lazy town is not passing by my car when i fork over some dough, cuz chances are your sister probably stiffed the guy who's tipping me out at the end of the night.

If it was fun, they wouldn't pay you to do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
its not that tire guys are lazy, well some are but thats beside the point. Fix-a-flat is a corrosive, it eats the rubber on the inside of the tire to "plug" the hole,please let "us" tire guys know that its in the tire we are about to repair, it makes our job easier. If its in there to long it can dry and the "Patch" wont vulcanize to the rubber propperly, and it will leak no matter what you do. now for alignments, fix-a-flat will not mess up your alignment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chandler said:
its not that tire guys are lazy, well some are but thats beside the point. Fix-a-flat is a corrosive, it eats the rubber on the inside of the tire to "plug" the hole,please let "us" tire guys know that its in the tire we are about to repair, it makes our job easier. If its in there to long it can dry and the "Patch" wont vulcanize to the rubber propperly, and it will leak no matter what you do. now for alignments, fix-a-flat will not mess up your alignment.
very true like I said I use it as a last resort.
Hey chandler what tire co do you work for in NC?

·
Registered
41 Posts
as a last resort its ok, but try to keep it the time its in there to a minium, less than 12 hours is ideal, hell some manufacturers dont put a spare in cars with run flats, they accually put a can of fix a flat in there instead. I work at tire kingdom, and if any one wants an alignment, and no one else will do it,because "your car is too low" just bring a stack of 2x4's and if its too low you might have to take your bumper off but ill do the alignment, and if you have special settings you want it at, please tell me before hand so I can save time, by the way I work at the tire kingdom on s. tryon near 485, next to the napa and the kfc/AW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.