Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the CBR929 injectors are the same as the OEM b16 injectors? If not, whats the difference?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how the hell would you guys know? Hmmmm, out of ALL the ppl in super honda forums id think SOMEONE has a honda CBR. THATS how someone should know. :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I swear I've heard some of the dumbest questions I've ever heard in my life on SuperHonda Forum. Youre asking if a friggin motorcycle fuel injector will work on a car? WHY? And to give you an idea, the answer would be more than likely NO because the engine is way smaller and does not suck in as much air so therefore wouldn't require as much fuel. If you really wanna know? Try it and see if it works. Or better yet, use a damn injector made for the B16 and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Well for one, you should be asking in the bike forum, not ECU& fuel system. I'd say the majority of the people here are not educated on the Honda street bikes, and the ones who are talk about it in the Bike forum. This forum is for cars. I can tell you that B16 injectors are 240cc, but I'm not sure about the CBR 929 ones. :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
spray004 said:
I swear I've heard some of the dumbest questions I've ever heard in my life on SuperHonda Forum. Youre asking if a friggin motorcycle fuel injector will work on a car? WHY? And to give you an idea, the answer would be more than likely NO because the engine is way smaller and does not suck in as much air so therefore wouldn't require as much fuel. If you really wanna know? Try it and see if it works. Or better yet, use a damn injector made for the B16 and be done with it.
Seriously though. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mkay, no reason to get butt hurt :lol

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
jackalpupz said:
Mkay, no reason to get butt hurt :lol
WTF? If you ask a stupid question, expect sarcastic replies. This question ranks almost around the " How much HP will I get from intercooling my N/A car" question. I swear some fuckin people are completely inept.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:blahblah :blahblah :blahblah :byye

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i searched for the flow rate also, cant find it. Yet, someone in ********** have used the cr929 injectors for a b16 and said they work perfecly fine.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not sure if it was done with the 929 ITBs but I have heard of someone using the ITBs from a Honda motorcyle on thier d-series with great results. The TPS even plugged right in, however the rest of the setup was almost entirely custom. Do a search over on d-series.org they might still have it archived. It might give you a clue as to what injectors he used.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
sonictronic said:
Not sure if it was done with the 929 ITBs but I have heard of someone using the ITBs from a Honda motorcyle on thier d-series with great results. The TPS even plugged right in, however the rest of the setup was almost entirely custom. Do a search over on d-series.org they might still have it archived. It might give you a clue as to what injectors he used.

A lot of folks use the stock injectors or stock injector locations. I believe that Moose was going to try to use the 929 injectors, but his ITBs are still a work in progress. I've got a set of 929 ITBs here that I will probably worn on during the winter.

Also CBR injectors are typically used at around 50psi.

·
Registered
1 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts