Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both my cd drives. dvd and cd burner. are not working. i reset my computer and then they didnt show up on "my computer." any suggestions? ive tried reinstalling drivers off the internet. but that doesnt work. gives me some type of error. also. i would try reformatting. backed up my files and everything but i realized i have a reformat cd. and since they arent working ... dont know what to do. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hell, it could be the molex off the power supply (The four pin power to the drives.), the IDE controller or a device conflict.. Or if you have sata theres another animal of probs.

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
accordguy said:
both my cd drives. dvd and cd burner. are not working. i reset my computer and then they didnt show up on "my computer." any suggestions? ive tried reinstalling drivers off the internet. but that doesnt work. gives me some type of error. also. i would try reformatting. backed up my files and everything but i realized i have a reformat cd. and since they arent working ... dont know what to do. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Check your BIOS! It’s when you first start your computer and it asks to press F2 or something!

Go in there and see if you have them turned on!

Also try and add now hardware. Check DeviceManager see if you have any yellow!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Sounds like the ide connector on your MB came unplugged. If the drives still open and close dont bother with the power connector, if they dont open and close, well then theres an issue with teh molex

·
Registered
449 Posts
i'm having that same situation w/my dvd drive. it got power, open and close. pop in a dvd movie and it doesnt read. it won't even read regular cd. i check my connector and they are fine. help me out guys.

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
94accordex4u said:
i'm having that same situation w/my dvd drive. it got power, open and close. pop in a dvd movie and it doesnt read. it won't even read regular cd. i check my connector and they are fine. help me out guys.
Check your device manager. Go to the drive and uninstall it or update drive. I think you have the wrong driver. See if you have any yellow "?"

If that doesn’t work the search the net, look for the right driver that matches your OS.

·
Registered
449 Posts
cant update driver, no yellow "?". i got 2 dvd driver listed tho and i only got 1. under location it reads Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0and the other it read Location 0 (0) if i uninstall the driver, would it reinstall itself?

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
94accordex4u said:
cant update driver, no yellow "?". i got 2 dvd driver listed tho and i only got 1. under location it reads Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0and the other it read Location 0 (0) if i uninstall the driver, would it reinstall itself?
Uninstall both; Right click in DM and say refresh... See if it finds it.

Did you wire it right? I think it should use the end one on the IEEcabel. (I haven’t done it in a while so forgive me if im wrong)

Does the BIOS sees your cd/dvd drive?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
check your windows configuration first before messing with bios. Does it show up in the system profile? Does it show any conflicts? If so, fix it.

If nothing shows up under your hardware for the drives, make sure you see a boot/load sequence when your computer boots. If you do then it's something inside windows, like the removal of drivers and such. Update your drivers and see if that works.

If there is no boot sequence when loading, you'll have to enter your BIOS and see if they're set to boot up or even recognized. If not, then most likely your motherboard suffered some kind of failure. Reinstall try again. If no luck...

get a new MOBO.

·
Registered
449 Posts
dammit, its under device something. i unistall it and click refresh it came back on but still doesnt read. no conflict no nothing whatso ever. i try loggin into bios buy pressing f2 but it doesnt work. i got an Emachine. hahaha o welpz i'll open up the computer to see if the ide came loose or wut not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.