Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I just finished up to episode 164. I think that's where the season ended.

Next up is the long awaited training for the national tourney.

BTW: If any of you other peeps have seen it, what did you think of the filler episodes between the Japa/USA tourney & end of the season? :confused I thought they were pretty funny. :hehe

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
164 will come out eventually..

AO is so damn slow, the raw is already out.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
^ Is that where the bittorrent sites are at? That's strange, mine is a commercial boxset release. Hmmm... :confused

By the way, how do you peeps like the anime compared to the manga? For example:

*** SPOLIERS!!!!! ***

In the anime when Tezuka officially returns to active status with the team, he takes Ryoma's place in breaking open the banner for the Coach, but in the manga it's pretty different. Oishi goes up to draw their lottery pick, and Tezuka stops him and asks him if he could do it.

A big difference between the manga and anime.

I kinda don't like it. Another series that's like that is FMA. The manga is extremely different then the anime. :(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Prince of Tennis

How is this series? Any good? I just wanted to get some comments on this series before I start downloading so I don't waste my time cause there is 178 episodes :fear

Any input would be great!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Merging. ;)

It's OK. The animation and BGM is OK. There's only so many things you can do with the game of tennis, but the stories heavily involve the players from the rival schools, so there's a ton of people to keep the show fresh. Plus there are generational storylines involving the lead character's Dad, his coach, etc.

BTW: If you're hoping for a straight tennis story, you'll probably be disappointed. Everybody has specialty moves that are borderline Dragonballesque.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Woot woot! :w00tz

POT is finally getting another OVA series. This time it's finally the long waited completion to the National Championships!! (Hopefully...) :w00tz

Will Capt. Kunimitsu and freshman Ryoma be able to fulfill Kunimitsu's promise to the former team captain? Only time will tell... :ninja We gotta wait until June to find out. :(

Link:
http://www.tenipuri.jp/news/

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got to episode 13x and I just couldn't go on anymore. I just sorta got tired of it. I guess I'll have to start it up again with the new OVA coming out and all.

·
Registered
18,284 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Woot woot! :w00tz

POT is finally getting another OVA series. This time it's finally the long waited completion to the National Championships!! (Hopefully...) :w00tz

Will Capt. Kunimitsu and freshman Ryoma be able to fulfill Kunimitsu's promise to the former team captain? Only time will tell... :ninja We gotta wait until June to find out. :(

Link:
http://www.tenipuri.jp/news/
motherfuckers man they still havent subbed eps 9-10 for the current ovas its been basically a week,, i whs i knew japanese :(

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I bought the Live Action movie for 13 bucks..came with the Soundtrack on CD as well!

·
Registered
18,284 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Hey CD! Did you ever see the live action movie? :confused

Ummm... it was OK I guess... :ninja
yea didnt like it compared to how much i like the series.. i fucking hated the kid that played echizen. and still no ep 9 yet..what in the helll.. does anybody know of an srt file for this?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
^ I didn't care for some of the changes they made to the script. Some small things like after the match between the 2 capts. they had the Hyotei guy holding up Tezuka's arm in victory. In the manga it was their own special handshake, like they are peers more then one is better then another.

The special effects were OK I guess. Nothing special, but not bad considering the budget they must have been working under. :p

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I need to finish watching the national championship series.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts