Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 00 si my sister just bought.. has a aem CAI w/o bypass valve and DC sport 4-2-1 one piece header.. well she drove threw a puddle/flooded road.. and it started throwin this code...

where is it located on the car so i can try n take it out and clean/ dry it... i think its under the car on the cat not possitive tho.. as i have a 95 civic..

car still runs fine.. and vtec works... even tho i read a bunch of threads on h-t that ppl say it doesnt work when they are throwin this code.. but hers works..

she just got the car so she is kinda upset but i told her its not that big of a deal coulda been WAY worste if it sucked water into the motor... but... i took off the intake and checkd near the tb and didnt see water.. but the filter was drenched.. so i threw a new filter on... and i advised her to get a bypass valve.. cause that thing is just iching to suk up water lol..

sorry for the long post..

cliffnotes./.

drove threw big puddle
throwing code #1 o2 sensor
wheres it located..

also what should she do to make sure no water got into the motor? im gonna change her oil but i donno what else to do..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
i thought the #1 o2 sensor was the one on the exhaust manifold and the #2 is on the cat. you can take the intake off the tb to see if there's any water there. she probably sucked up a little bit of water but not enough to hydrolock but enough to throw off the o2 sensor. just change the oil and reset the ecu.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well where is the upper one its got dc sport headers.. maybe thats why it throws the code... but it didnt throw it when she bought it so cant be that... maybe its somewhere else cause its not on top...ill have to look..

ne one with dc sport 421 1pc headers on a b16a2 let me know where it is thanks..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked at a picture on the dc's site.. its at the end near collecter and the flange to connect to the cat.. so i guess there right next to eachother.. im gonna check it out tommorow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts