Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
ive seen it go either way. you cannot deny that its motor is a great motor. you can rev the piss out of them, thier head flows better then an R head stock for stock, and vvti-l is newer better technology. if toyota didnt fuck with the rev limiter it would have been great but its still a great car. not my cup of tea but its by no means a shitbox

also bickering about which car is better then which car is dumb. of course whoever owns x car will be biased. in the end its a huge waste of time and if more people would spend time learning about cars instead of fighting about which one is better we might all be better off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not badgering which car is better im jstu stating that it seems that us prelude people say that we have faster cars and the celica people say that they are better. but jsut too top it off celcias arnet real performance oriented vehicles as tehre aftermarket parts are very spotty. but once agian not badgerign which car is better. we jstu gotta stick u pfor our own vehicles once in a while

·
Registered
571 Posts
the only celica that is comparable to our vtec ludes would be the early ninties turbo model that had 200 hp -- Stock to stock h22as make 190-200 hp depending on year and the vvti makes 180 hp so I think that the h22 long block is better but it also has more displacement

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ah22aselude said:
the only celica that is comparable to our vtec ludes would be the early ninties turbo model that had 200 hp -- Stock to stock h22as make 190-200 hp depending on year and the vvti makes 180 hp so I think that the h22 long block is better but it also has more displacement
if your talkin about the all trac's, you really cant compare an awd turbo car vs. a n/a fwd car. i think that the new celica and the prelude are in the same "class" if thats what you want to call it. my buddy has an 04 celica gt-s and its not to bad of a car. if he knew how to drive it would be pretty quick. he raced my friend in a slightly modded gsr and the gsr took it by at least 2 cars but that doesnt say much cuz the guy with the celica just started driving stick.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was in my friends base 5gen prelude mods included:

aem intake/thermal exhaust/dc headers/suspension/ short shift kit

He raced my other friends celica GTS with:

aem intake/tanabe exhaust/short shift kit.

Starting at about a 30 mph roll, the celica seemed to have a slight advantage on the prelude. The prelude would take off ahead a little, and than the celica would catch it and pass it. However, I noticed that around turns the prelude destroyed him, and all in all left him about 20 ft. back. Overall they are both comprable cars, and really depend on driving experience.

·
Registered
571 Posts
celica

alright comapring a 4th gen vtec to a 7th gen (I think) celica gts the lude will kill it -- I do not know about the 5th gen vtec lude since it is heavier and slower than the 4th gen counterpart.. OBD1 cars rule by far the 1994 & 1995 model cars from celica, integra, prelude, eclipse are faster than their ob2 counterparts

·
Registered
147 Posts
First off, I have never heard anyone on here talking bad about celica's.

One of my friends has one and and he's been wanting to race me for a while so we headed out for the highway one night to see who would win. Since he was a friend of mine I didn't use the nitrous just wanted to go at motor vs motor. We were going about 45 and i let him punch it first thinking i was going to walk away form but I didn't. It was about dead even. The faster we got going I started to inch away from him but nothing to brag about. Had him by maybe a car lenth if that. He won't tell me all that he has done to it so I don't know how stock it was. It's basically a drvers race between the 4th gen vtec and the 7th gen celica

I have cai/e p/vafc untunned/65 shot that i didn't use

·
Registered
148 Posts
i ran a 7th gen gts on the road while i was driving my friend's type-r and he told me to rip him a new one so i did. :lol i not only caught up to him since i initially let him rev at me and then pass me but i beat him by multiple bus lengths. the type-r had i/h/e 2 people in the car and a system weighing it down. the gts followed us looking for a rematch. so i gave him one in my lude. i only had aem cai at the time and i still took him, not by much but in the words of the oh-so-cool mr. vin diesel, "it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile..." :hehe ROFL. personally i think celicas are more suited for girls. :g looks too feminine for me. whenever i see a celica i associate it with lots of precious moments bobble heads and fluffy dangling things from the rear view mirror and a hello kitty steering wheel cover. :kick

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Celica drivers suffer from A.D.D (Attention Deficit Disorder) or something :idiots

Noticed how they were straight gunning for the 5th gens not the 4th gen Vtec....They know the deal :hehe I give the latest (GT-S) and the all-trac celicas props....Those are some quick cars....But with the exception of the (Turbo All-Trac) I don't see myself losing to a celica.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
gfresh86 said:
it seems taht the celica peoepl think they can beat preldues on tehre forums , and when i read our forums we say taht we can beat celicas
if you sign up to various forums and web boards you'll come to the conclusion that the above is a common thing.
if you go to the srt4 forum you'll see that they think their car is the best and nothing has a chance in hell and that they'll kill anything on the highway.
if you on any of the v8 forums (corvette, camaro, firebird etc) you'll notice that they think they have the fastest cars out there and that no POS 4 cyl turbo/supercharged/na/nos is gonna stand close to them.
if you go to dsm forums you'll notice that they hate mustangs and hondas and no matter what you have done to your 5.slow or civic is not good enough for them.

thats how some of those people think. not everyone on those forums is crazy or has those ideas. ther are people with heads on their shoulders.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
vvt-i doesn't have the kick in the ass like vtec does. You can't even really feel when the profile switches like you can like in the h22.

if any company can out vtec honda, i would say it would be toyota with their vvt, but i still think honda's is a better system. vtec-i > vvt-i

anyone ever notice how really uncool celica drivers usually are....anyway, i prefer my prelude many times over the celica.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Team_Carnage said:
Celica drivers suffer from A.D.D (Attention Deficit Disorder) or something :idiots

But with the exception of the (Turbo All-Trac) I don't see myself losing to a celica.

nicely said.....man o man.....those fellas love to talk there shiet.....but i my self never raced a gt-s......i guess it time to hit up my buddy.....mr. yota....

i dont know about you guys but reading there forum makes me MAD...but i know we are better pple and a better forum.....good job and keep up the good work fellow luders.........

jokerzz out

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
yeah, i dont remember anyone ever saying anything about a celica in this forum. i personally dont think too much about them as i too think they are a little bit on the girly side of ownership.

the only "neat" thing about the gt-s is that it powers the new lotus elise....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
WOW! i read that post on the celica site...
those guys sound so stupid! "modifications such as CAI "
and all the pics on there are oozing of rice.
then there was this one guy on there comparing a GT-S to a early 90's Civic. WTF??? then he compared a supra to an s2000. not even in the same class.
man the way they talk in there, they sound so ignorant. all the posts on SHO actually have info in them. this post im readin on the celica site sounds like a bunch of ten year olds trying to talk about cars. they dont sound like they know what they are talking about. anyone else think this?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
druuuu said:
WOW! i read that post on the celica site...
those guys sound so stupid! "modifications such as CAI "
and all the pics on there are oozing of rice.
then there was this one guy on there comparing a GT-S to a early 90's Civic. WTF??? then he compared a supra to an s2000. not even in the same class.
man the way they talk in there, they sound so ignorant. all the posts on SHO actually have info in them. this post im readin on the celica site sounds like a bunch of ten year olds trying to talk about cars. they dont sound like they know what they are talking about. anyone else think this?
I'll agree with that

·
Registered
25 Posts
theres a reason to why toyota advertised the celica saying, "looks fast." i am pretty sure performance wise both are good but how can they bash on honda so easily when its pretty clear that honda has been pretty ahead of their time. only toyotas thats have made an impact were, the supra, all-trak, trueno, levin, after that theres not much. Even the honda civic is still a major player in the auto scene and is a typical platform for enthusists along with the crx. soo i think its unfair for that board to think they are sooo superior after vvti just got dropped into some of there engines (kinda late) :confused ok my arguments were scattered i am just bored i hope some of you can understand this.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Have you noticed on the forum when they refer to vtec they type in v-t-e-c-h?!?! (note: without the dashes wtf?!?! if they are going to say anything on honda product they should atleast know what the they are talking about 1st. here is a quote from 2000gts I was looking into buying a prelude before i purchased my Gt-s. i test drove a few preludes and got on it a little. id have to say the Gt-s is quicker and the *****h is nothing compared to what the Gt-s has. :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 69 Posts