Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since we don't have a general Electronics forum or a Cell Phone forum this is one of the few places I think this would work.

I bought a new phone today and it was orginally a Cingular phone, but it's been unlocked. I use T-Mobile, and thus my SIM cards are T-Mobile. Well I put my SIM card into it and it won't accept it and tells me to insert a SIM card. Well I tried my Dad's card and put it in there and it worked fine (also T-Mobile).

Anyone got any ideas?

Cliffnotes:
Bought a new unlocked phone. My SIM card doesn't work, but my Dad's card does work on it. Anyone got ideas?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the SIM card works in 3 other phones, just not this one. I would try to change the network settings but when I turn it on it throws me directly to the "Insert SIM" screen and I can't do anything there.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
umm why wont u just take it to a cigular store cuz they probably could help you better then we can

i think you have to access the phones system or something, maybe the firmware doesnt match the card? Im just geussing, what kinda phone is it btw?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.